Heber Valley Spring Cheeses, 6 Pack

Heber Valley Spring Cheeses, 6 Pack

1 Like

I don’t care what they flavor the cheddar with, it will never be worth $24 / pound. Really, I just bought imported small batch French triple cream Brie with truffle (5%) and it was 2.2 ponds (approx., sold in kilogram units) for about this price (a few cents cheaper, but it also included a shipping fee).

2 Likes

Why does the first comment in nearly every “Woot Gourmet” deal start with a complaint about the price? You know you will be getting something unusual from an artisan provider, and at a price that is usually less than buying directly, but yes, still a high price. Especially compared to Velveeta, or a French Brie for that matter. And personally I hate the taste of truffle. So there.

6 Likes

It’s become the “cool” thing to do.

1 Like

Here is a variety of 3 fine cheeses for $35 for 12-16 oz.

And from a seller that has been here before, with the most excellent artisan salami which normally sell for about $13 each, and Woot’s price was around $9. People commented that it was ridiculously expensive for small salami. There is always Oscar Mayer if you just want cold cuts.

You can buy a product made by hand by a small producer using local farms as sources (of milk, meat, herbs, etc depending on product), or you can buy factory-made mass-produced foods for about 1/10 the price per pound. Nobody makes you even click the Gourmet button since you what it will be like.

3 Likes

Reading the copy for this stuff, I see that these cheeses are “hand rubbed” which, frankly, makes the dairy sound a bit like a questionable massage parlor. Some things should never be “hand rubbed”.

3 Likes

I’ve been to this dairy’s cheese shop in Midway. Their cheeses are very good.
I know some may balk at the price, but it’s better than mass produced in my opinion.

3 Likes