Helix by Reininger Quartet

I’m right there with you. I stayed up to watch a movie, obviously had to feed my Wine.Woot habit by checking out this offering. I was just telling myself that I hadn’t gotten in on the other Washington State wines that people have raved about and that I’d probably jump on the next offering. Of course, I’ve spent the whole weekend looking over my finances and realizing that I have a Wine purchasing problem…But…This looks soooo good and is the kind of wine that I know I will like. I think I’ve over buying different types of wines now that I’ve had lots to try and know pretty well what I like. I’ll be honest. It’ll be interesting to see whether I’m in before the end of this week. This looks like it will be hard to pass up at only $15/bottle for something that could be stellar.

All I can add to that it is pretty much “ditto”. It’s mighty tempting but I was hoping to hold off at least a week before making another big purchase after the Kunde (I was in for 2). We’ll see what happens if it’s still around by the end of the week. And, of course, what the winery and my fellow wine.wooters have to say about this offering.

2003 was an award winning year woohoo…umm we get 2004 for Woot.

Uh oh.

I’m such a sucker.

Today my G Sake will be delivered by UPS, Thursday the Kunde, I just ordered this one so it could be here by the end of the week, and my replacement Ty Catons may turn up soon since it’s starting to wam up. Potentially 4 separate wine.woot shipments in one week - somebody help me!

Woot won’t let me order two of these, anyone else having trouble. It keeps coming back can’t find the address.

InHoc I am in the same boat as you, G Saki today and Kunde later in the week hard to hide all that wine from the wife in a week.

Yeah, I’ll be straining the Wife Acceptance Factor this week!

Guess I’m sidelined again this week, Indiana being absent from the ship-to list. Mores the pity. . . this looks like a wonderful offering.

Have fun all.

Curse you, WIneDavid!! :wink:

I bought a 1/2 case of the Kunde, and another 1/2 case at my favorite wine shop on Saturday. I wasn’t planning on the 1/2 case on Saturday, but a friend called me from the wine shop after tasting the 2005 Epsilon Shiraz and next thing I know, my credit card was in my hand! I was hoping to take this week off from wine.woot purchasing.

As Corrado alluded to earlier, maybe I can limit myself to one woot, since there are two of each in this offer. Maybe, but probably not, especially if I hold off until Friday (payday) before giving in.

I’m in… looks good…

If you hadn’t posted first, I would’ve posted just about the exact same sentiment. This looks tantalizing^4.

Yet again I’m in for 3! Woot your killing me.

I’m in for two…let’s hope they do the wine equivalent of BOC next week.

WineDavid… You’re despicable.

The last Reininger’s were awesome. I’m in! Woot, it’s all your fault my cellar is full!

Abandon Chardonnay was also a wine.woot launch.

yeah, but i 've gotta say for the first time, i’m glad i’m on a no-ship list this week (arizona). between the kunde, which was enough alone to set me back on my limited budget, and local beer/wine/scotch purchases, a week off would do this grad student some good.

After spending two days at the three-day “Red Wine and Chocolate” event in the Yakima/Prosser area, my wine-buying dollars are simply tapped out (one winery was/is selling all reds at $10/bottle; $100/case with retail being from $25-$51/bottle!).

Welcome back Reininger ! Hopefully we’ll here from Chuck and Jennifer again.
The previous Wall-Walla Trio was some of the best offered here on Woot, so this “Helix” duo-quartet is very tempting.
QUESTIONs:

• How does the the 2004 Helix Merlot compare to your 2002 Walla-Walla (or to your 2003 Helix Merlot). The W-W Merlot was really good, so curious what you think.

• The 2003 Helix Pomatia was rated by WS as an “87” with words like “crisp and appealing” and “spicy … meaty cherry … firm tanins” with a note BEST AFTER 2007. What is your opinion on letting this one age a bit (and how long for peak) ?
    (Of course since the set comes with 2, it is always nice to be able to try one right away and let the other one age.)

Not in on this Yet … but it’s going to be a temptation knowing how good the last Reininger offering was.
Thanks,
brian

I loved the walla walla reninger woot… cant pass on this one. Like I always say “why have one when you can have 2”

I missed the last Reininger and want to try these 2. Come on woot add NJ to your list.

Also has anyone else not had their Ty’s shipped yet? I ordered on 1/31. Maybe it is because of the cold.