Helix Pomatia Three - Pack

Took the wine out of the fridge and let it rest back at room temp for about an hour. Poured a glass with dinner. Consistent taste but more mellowed out now. Definitely recommended, especially at this price point.

LABRAT REPORT
After nearly 30 winewoots (including the 2004 Pomatia which I enjoyed), I got my first golden ticket. Thanks for the opportunity WineDavid.
Please go easy, I’m a virgin rat.
Color: Deep Dark Ruby
Nose: Musty decaying fruit with moderate alcohol (yes, tasting at room temperature without decanting).
Despite having just shipped, without decanting, and served at room temperature: pretty smooth straight from the bottle. Not as smooth as a long cellared or well decanted wine but quite nice under the circumstances. My wife’s first reaction was “glorious”. It’s medium bodied with subtle, not weak or thin, flavors: Dusty / dry cherry with nice earthy finish.
There is a bit of heat but I think that this is a great value. It’s a nice drinkable wine now that feels like it could be really spectacular after a few years in the cellar (or even a couple of weeks in the cellar and an hour decant).

Nice! :slight_smile:

I am a local and have tried their wines many times. They make consistently good wines that offer a nice “snapshot” of the grapes from the local AVA’s.

JP

The photo shows bottles “2005”. Is the purchase for 2005 or 2007?

Sorry, for the stupid question! I see that the year is “2005”!!! Just woke up!

Happy Independence Day!!!

Dido!

Is she still singing?? (sorry, couldn’t resist).

Happy 4th of July everyone !

Edit: no clue needed.

Ok. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Noted. :slight_smile:

Don’t get Mad!

So, can we get a clue?

You know those crazy friends everyone has? :wink:

From what I’ve heard, this winery has made quite the splash before (if they are the one launching tonight).

Yep. Saved this Green Mountain Boy some serious coin this week. I might try to pick up a bottle locally to be able to do a 3-vintage Helix vertical.

Old age seems to be hitting WD pretty hard these days. He posted the clue in the Pub …

Good Luck!

WD is the medium providing the clue. So Wine + David = Michael David Winery. Or another google result was Mark David Winery.