HELP>>>>H E L P>>>>H E L P >>>> H E L P>>>>H E L P PLEASE

Hi folks >>>>>. I am at my witts (actually none left) end.

For the last week I have been almost unable (only way is to do some creative clicking) to get the Woot home page or current product offering page.

All I can get through normal locating procedures in a green message page stating

“Now hold on just a minute” … “sorry, See ya in a bit”

I originally posted several days back and received this very nice reply >>>>

“We had some (ahem) unscheduled maintenance one day last week around midnight. We do some pretty intensive caching to lighten the load on our servers, so what you need to do is hit Shift+Ctrl+R next time you load the Woot front page. The cached error message will change to the real front page, and you’ll never miss a deal again”

BUT I tried the “fix” two hundred dozen times with no relief :(.

Anyway, after trying creative clicking like:

going to www.woot.com on Google and clicking on “woot cache” I get a screen with an old product (right now the Rockford radio) offering. I then click on “hi, are you new…click here” >>>> this gives me the current product offering and current page.

Please >>> P L E A S E someone help me…If someone can give me some repair procedures that work, I will post the results>>>>> Thanks,

Nic

jnicwalker@aol.com

Hmm, I’m having the same problem on one of my computers at work. The shift+ctrl+r didn’t work here either. I hope someone can help us out with this. [:)]

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!!

Nic

1. c’mon over to the 101 thread.

2. post details about what you USE, not just what your problem is.
    PC, Mac, could be an old Atari for all we know.
    And Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox … how are we supposed to know?

3. again, there’s already a thread for it. And lay off the “>” key before you wear that out too

[quote user=“obob”]1) c’mon over to the 101 thread.

1. post details about what you USE, not just what your problem is.
    And Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox … how are we supposed to know?

2. again, there’s already a thread for it. And lay off the “>” key before you wear that out too[/quote]

he got it…and I’m trying to help too

Exceptionally clear case of violent caching. YOU NEED TO CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE and then restart your browser.

Just a thought- using a proxy that caches webpages would cause the same problem.

Hmm, I’m having the same problem on one of my computers at work. The shift+ctrl+r didn’t work here either. I hope someone can help us out with this. [:)]

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!!

Nic

1. c’mon over to the 101 thread.

2. post details about what you USE, not just what your problem is.

3. again, there’s already a thread for it. And lay off the “>” key before you wear that out too

he got it…and I’m trying to help too

Exceptionally clear case of violent caching. YOU NEED TO CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE and then restart your browser.

Just a thought- using a proxy that caches webpages would cause the same problem.