Help/Ideas for a Design

Montoya
Hello all!

This is an idea I’ve been kicking around for quite some time and just can’t seem to get it to click with voters (when I’ve entered it in a derby) or with Woot (when I submit directly). There seems to be something I just can’t quite put my finger on.

The general idea is for the shirt to be an “advertisement” for Inigo Montoya’s father’s storefront where he made and sold swords with the hope his son would someday join him. Those hopes dashed, of course, when the Six-Fingered Man returned and demanded the sword, then slashing poor Domingo through the heart.

Anyway… Just looking for some help on how to spruce it up. More call-backs to the movie or whatever might help it along.

Thanks!

Add cats and star wars stuff.

Cats are definitely popular on this site LOL

If you’ve tried it a few times, I’d say let it go and move on to something else. Sometimes things don’t work no matter how much we like them as artists.

Use larger font for the bits in the corners and change the way it is distressed. I think it’s supposed to look like a wooden sign, but to me it looks like the printer is low on ink with those horizontal lines.

1 Like

I’d make mention that it is a swordshop. Not sure what the top left says… White is also not a very popular shirt color, if that’s the background u are intending.

Perhaps a tag line about vengeance? or if you can work “prepare to die” in there somehow it will be more recognizable. Even just “Montoya and son, swordsmiths, prepare to die” might work

I think it’s supposed to look like a wooden sign, but to me it looks like the printer is low on ink with those horizontal lines.

That seems vaguely familiar. What do you think @bsmith1?

1 Like

Weird.