PRODUCTS:
2 2007 Hendry Block 7 & 22 Napa Valley Zinfandel
2 2007 Hendry Block 28 Napa Valley Zinfandel
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/26/11

drinking window please~

Dang! I knew a zin was right around the corner but I went in on the last offer. I just can’t spend any more. Oh well, I still got some good stuff.

Very interesting, would love to hear tasting comments from anyone that’s tried these.

I have to wonder what’s with the relatively high alcohol content. 15.1% and 15.3% respectively.

An interesting side note, Slate contends that alcohol rates in wine are rising as noted in this article.

Interested… need some pushing.

Found while perusing the winery website:

Block 7/22: 15 months in 100% French oak, 1/3 new.

block 28: 15 months in 100% French oak, 2/3 new.

Hendry’s wines are top-notch if you like big, structured Napa zins. Highly recommended… I’ve had both, and I love this style. I would rate these low-90’s, and they can be enjoyed now or over the next 5-6 years (typical mellowing out of forward fruit). At $15/pop, these blow away most zins out there, IMHO

That is somewhat average (15%) for CA Zin. I don’t think 2007 was terribly hot, but many varietals matured on schedule if not a tad early. We had a chat with an advanced level Sommelier and he mentioned that given the warm climate Napa more wines should be naturally higher in alcohol, unlike the cooler old world climates where 12-13% is standard.

Thanks for that information. I didn’t know that Zinfandel average alcohol content was that high.

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a gathering now!!

Would WD please verify the list of states for shipping. No Michigan! I just bought the Hendry woot 3 weeks ago and received it on Friday. Hope this one will ship to Michigan as well.

How would these compare to say a Turley Zin?

Woot, you make it so hard to resist. The process to buy from start to finish is probably 1 minute. anyway, in for 2 and would love to rat this week

First time I’ve seen both the Carolinas left off the shipping list. Hope it doesn’t happen again.

Huh.

I didn’t notice that SC was off the list too. Was deeply startled but comforted to not see NC on the list. My buying list for the near future starts with high-end bourbon and ends with locally brewed beer. Not being able to buy zin (which I could probably use!) helps me stick to my menu. So thank you Woot! I guess.

This is the first time Wyoming has been left off the list too. I’m sad. :frowning:

Now I am confused, according to the “freethegrapes” website, both NC and SC are fine with shipping wine, and I am a multiple Winewooter as proof. What gives Woot? Is this some sort of Zin conspiracy? Please help us Zin-starved southerners!

So, can anybody give an assist on the drink dates for each type?