Hershey's Kisses 400pc Milk Choc Bulk Pack

Hershey's Kisses 400pc Milk Choc Bulk Pack

Anyone know estimated expiration date on these? I got two packages, wondering if I can eat them all myself.

1 Like

You just gotta push through. We have faith in you.

9 Likes

Anyone know if this makes good dipping chocolate? Need to know for when it arrives in 115 degree weather

You are absolutely correct.
Even in the mid to high 80’s mine were melted…and half were completely melted out of the foil. :disappointed_relieved:
I tried to salvage some but it was too difficult to remove the foil after I put them in the refrigerator.

got two of these with last sale. July 2021

2 Likes

Most chocolate candy CAN be frozen for future use. Try freezing a few and see how they do, if well, then freeze the rest.

Yeah, now that the heat is here (AZ) chocolate on sale!:angry:

I’ve heard of putting it in the refrigerator for some time but it does cause it to start having a white film on it. Doesn’t the freezer cause it to look like snow or does it not affect it at all.

the white film is just from moisture and will not affect the flavor or quality (culinary doctorate)

2 Likes

I already know that. Unfortunately you don’t want to be the cheap ass to bring last seasons white film chocolates to the next company gathering. If its for a sit out bowl to coworkers who never chip in for replacements than definitely set it out.

I wouldn’t set something out that I wouldn’t eat myself but I for sure will bring it in and give it away. Perfect example is every Easter except for this last Easter my mom brings us a basket full of sweet hearts, jelly beans, mothballs and marshmallow chocolates. All of it is old and bought at the dollar store or a discount store. I only eat certain jelly beans and bring the basket in for coworkers. They eat em up.

I really hate it when someone brings mothballs as a treat…

1 Like

Lol maybe not mothball - maltball that crunch center covered with chocolate shaped in a ball they are pretty small kinda like a knock off kitkat taste. Anyway some people love them probably the same folks that love salt covered chocolates. And thats all I gotta say about that.

We have a FOOD DOCTOR in the house? Boy oh boy have we been needing you!

For example, I have 20# of macaroni to go thru. I live by myself, and I can cook. Taking into consideration the limited availabilty of exotic store items, what should I be making?

Make some macaroni, @therealjrn

3 Likes

Correction: Make all the macaroni.

3 Likes

Make Alfredo Supremo using white vodka sauce adding in you favorite vegetables and a few Italian meats. @therealjrn That stuff always is a big hit!!

1 Like

you just gave me an idea on how to use melted kisses for a coating…

funeral arrangements

2 Likes