Hey Wooterxxxxxxx! Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you! You know who you are. Want to change your name to something more fun or stylish? We got your back. Just follow these steps and you can be on your way to being unique just like everyone else!
This is only for “Login with Amazon” accounts that have a Wooterxxxxxx username.
We are unable to change Woot usernames or Amazon login accounts that have already changed their username.
Pick a new username
A few things to keep in mind:
- You can only change your username ONCE. So make sure it’s a name you can live with.
- Don’t use personal/private information like your real name, email address, etc.
- No profane or otherwise inappropriate names. We’ll remove it and you just lost your chance to change your name.
- Go to www.woot.com
- Login using your Amazon login and password.
- Click on your current username in the top-right corner of the screen (Hi, Wooterxxxxxxx).
This takes you to your Account Overview page.
- On your account overview page, click on “Change username” under your current username. See the green arrow below:
- On the next screen, type the username you would like to use and click the change button.
- Next you see an alert asking if you really want to change your username. OF COURSE YOU DO!! Click the OK button.
The next screen congratulates you on a job well done:
YOU DID IT! Congratulations!!
It could take up to 30 minutes for the change to populate through our database. To see your new username in the forums, you’ll need to log out of Woot & the forums and then log back in.
Now, about those Woot! avatars: