Hey Wooterxxxxxxxxxxx! Wanna Change your Username?

Hey Wooterxxxxxxx! Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you! You know who you are. Want to change your name to something more fun or stylish? We got your back. Just follow these steps and you can be on your way to being unique just like everyone else!

This is only for “Login with Amazon” accounts that have a Wooterxxxxxx username.

We are unable to change Woot usernames or Amazon login accounts that have already changed their username.

Pick a new username

A few things to keep in mind:

• You can only change your username ONCE. So make sure it’s a name you can live with.
  • Don’t use personal/private information like your real name, email address, etc.
  • No profane or otherwise inappropriate names. We’ll remove it and you just lost your chance to change your name.

Get there

1. Go to www.woot.com
  2. Login using your Amazon login and password.
  3. Click on your current username in the top-right corner of the screen (Hi, Wooterxxxxxxx).

This takes you to your Account Overview page.

Do it

1. On your account overview page, click on “Change username” under your current username. See the green arrow below:

1. On the next screen, type the username you would like to use and click the change button.

1. Next you see an alert asking if you really want to change your username. OF COURSE YOU DO!! Click the OK button.

The next screen congratulates you on a job well done:

YOU DID IT! Congratulations!!

It could take up to 30 minutes for the change to populate through our database. To see your new username in the forums, you’ll need to log out of Woot & the forums and then log back in.

Now, about those Woot! avatars:

30 Likes

NOOOOOOOBS

I’ve been looking to turn over a new leaf and start building relationships from scratch, so I tried these steps. I got to a screen that read,
“If you want to change the name associated with your Woot customer account, you may do so below. Be sure to click the Save Changes button when you are done.”

Name associated with woot customer account seems different than a username.

12 Likes

Can I somehow add an “S” to the end of my name?

I meant to make it StandOnToilets, but I guess in my haste I made it Standontoilet :-/

13 Likes

After they change, can I have their old username? (without the ‘s’)

14 Likes

LOL. Don’t think so but you’re welcome to try.

9 Likes

Correct. You only changing your visible name on the forums, not your account name. Or something like that.

12 Likes

So funny story about user names (well, maybe funny)

I have played League of Legends off/on forever.

Back in some year a while ago, I changed my name. I had the intention of putting it as “Shawndhi” (Like Gandhi, but with Shawn, I duno, it seemed clever at the time)

However… I put in Shawdhi (I forgot the N). For a 2 months, my mind automatically put the “N” in the name every time I looked at it and I never noticed it was missing. I played games with people, and people were generally really friendly towards me.

It wasn’t until one random day I was sitting there and saw it said Shawdhi, not Shawndhi. I admit, I paid to change it, but I did and I added the “N”.

So I was chatting to a “friend” I had made on there about me missing the “N” this entire time. His response: “Wait… you aren’t a girl?”

Then it dawned on me… Shawdhi… Shorty… what people sometimes call women… and this whole time people were assuming I was a woman.

Needless to say, some people unfriended me and the general extra friendliness I received as I played was no longer there.

Anywho, that’s my story. lol

29 Likes

Confucius say: Shawdhi man who stands on toilet is high on pot.

Edit: they probably thought you were catfishing them

18 Likes

8 Likes

You take your :point_right: ON VACATION :point_left: like I take my on vacation.

13 Likes

I’m so bored. Everything is closed.

17 Likes

Throw a Brick through the glass. That’ll solve your problem.

8 Likes

Just checked. All bricks firmly attached to house.

13 Likes

Dang. They’re on sale at Lowe’s this week.

9 Likes

What I have been wanting to change is my initial avatar to my woot character avatar… but I have yet to be successful. What is the trick?!

6 Likes

Go here: https://account.woot.com/
Right click on your avatar and choose open image in new tab
In the new tab, right click on the image and choose save image as…
Then upload as the forum pic here?https://forums.woot.com/u/GlassCrawford/preferences/account

10 Likes
12 Likes

I’m so happy I changed my name a long time ago. This is so much catchier. :rofl:

10 Likes

Uuum. Tried this & can’t get it to work - def 1 of those tech challenged ones. When I log in using AMZN password function doesn’t give me ability to change name dropdown in upper right hand corner. Also doesn’t give me “Hi WooterXXXXXXYX” as per yer exact description. After I login in using AMZN I get the lovely avatar + my wooterxxxxxxx identifier - but there is no greeting ‘hi’ before it. Could the issue be that I’m attempting to change my wooter name using an iphone? (know sometimes mac/osx issues craep up) Or perhaps the issue be as soon as I log in using AMZN I’m auto directed to app instead of staying on true woot.com site? An help or guidance would so be appreciated. Thx in advance! Regrets if I missed anything obvious in your very helpful steps.

5 Likes

Hello! Not sure if you can do this on the app or mobile website. I’m asking.

If it’s an iPhone, you can select to display the desktop site. Just tap on the AA on the left of the address bar and choose “Request Desktop Website”

7 Likes