High Valley Vineyard Rose (4)

I believe that’s a new thing they started site-wide that links to reviews on Amazon. So, if the wine (or other woot product being sold on its respective site) has been reviewed there, it will show up on the product page here (along with its star rating) when the item is up for sale. For example, look at the sound bar on electronics.woot, it has an Amazon star rating with links to reviews on the mothership but the comforter on home & kitchen has “not yet been reviewed”.

I’ve been somewhat derelict in my duties as a grape debater, with the excuse that we had dear friends in town Thursday and Friday, and missed the FedEx delivery truck. We picked up our package at the alternate site this morning and put the bottle in the fridge to chill for a bit.
First impressions: very pale color, both in the bottle and on put into the glass. I saw salmon as a description in other reviews, and would even go a shade lighter.
DW got notes of citrus on the nose, some berries, and the strawberry came through on the finish. She said it’s one of the driest roses she’s had. Unfortunately, she’s not a big GSM fan, and as the wine warmed in the glass the characteristics of that blend came out and she lost her initial enthusiasm.
For me, there was the initial sense of strawberry and peach (or nectarine?) on the nose, and a long, but dry finish. There is a nice mouth feel, a little bit of “viscosity”.
We’re sipping this poolside, no food pairings here. I might grab some crackers and cheese to go along with this one, or put together a charcuterie platter if I get ambitious…

Thumbs up from me, but not from DW.

Your and bahwm’s are always quality posts in my opinion…

Maybe the quality post fairies are sleeping 'cause it’s Saturday…

Anyway, your reviews put me over the edge - after yesterday’s 3x I wasn’t going to buy, but, me likes me some rose, and so does SWMBO, so with your endorsement, pop goes the button!

rpm, I am humbled. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Kind words, indeed, from someone whose opinions I respect so highly. Please let me know what you think, once you’ve had a taste.

I do enjoy a good GSM blend and fully trust the palates of bahwm and ddeuddug.

I do not fully trust refrigerated shipping to NE Ohio that ends in St. Louis, MO.

No Rosé for me…

Thanks for your valuable input on this offering. Just bought eight bottles for poolside sipping.

Here’s hoping you enjoy it as much as we did. :tongue:

Received my order this week. After letting a bottle rest and chill for a couple of days I couldn’t wait to give this a try. I must say it is one of my favorite Rose purchases on Woot. Glad I was in for two, but wished it had been three. Think a call in to the vineyard masters may be in order since this could easily be my “go to” sipper. Nice color, not too sweet. Thanks Woot for this offering.