Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV

TV is at Walmart for pick-up if you order online for $299 also.

I personally would just get a better TV that I would be more happy with at a higher price.

I have heard rumor that when they die pixies resemble styrofoam packing peanuts : )

I personally would spend less than $100 more and buy a NEW 600Hz 42" Panasonic 720p Plasma TV. I would without hesitation buy a premium quality 720p set over a cheap low quality overrated 1080p LED LCD set.

Walmart has this brand new for the same price!!

Yes they do that’s where I bought mine same exact tv for the same price then about 1 month after I bought it, the power wouldn’t turn on finally after 2 months of dealing with there warranty dept. they finally got it fixed .

Got a link for that? (The only difference between a so-called LED TV and an LCD TV is the backlight used to illuminate the exact same LCD screen.)

I have been up since midnight hitting F5, could someone please buy all of these TVs so I can get a Bahg of Crahp?

Head to your local TV dealer…and use your EYES!

By “local TV dealer” I guess you mean BestBuy. I doubt BB has 2 TVs set up next to each other that are otherwise identical except that one has LED illumination and the other FL so the test you suggest will be impossible.
You think X is better than Y? Provide me with a link. The internet is our friend.

He is absolutely correct. The only improvement using LED backlight as opposed to fluorecent is that there is less flicker with LED. Video lag and motion blurr have nothing to do with LED vs fluorecent. I personally don’t like the bluish white light LED backlit TVs have.

The one for the same price is also refurb and is not an ulra-slim LED like this… They DO have the same model as this brand new for $368… Honeslty, refurbs are quite often just “re-boxes” that are returns when nothing is wrong with them. This is a pretty good deal, I just wish I got one at Costco this summer brand new for $349.

Also, this brand is actually very big in other parts of the world, including Australia, they are NOT completely unheard of.

…you new here?

Got this at walmart. Display model, markey down to $228. Looks perfect and I’m happy. It’s super slim. only problem is hooking up as a computer monitor, you have to set up a custom resolution because it does cut off about 50 pixels top and sides if you’re in full 1080. So I have it at 1880 x 1000 resolution. Works fine like that.

I must disagree regarding price since I did find a better deal. I almost bought a nearly identical one on Woot the last time it was offered but did a little research and ended up buying the same set for about $220 all in from an outfit named shopjimmy.com. I can’t vouch for how good their customer service is but can tell you that I got my set in a reasonable amount of time, undamaged, and it continues to work fine.

The model number of the one I purchase was LTDN42V77US which is different from this one but apeears to be about the same. Might be different # of inputs. In any case, the point is that when it was apples to apples I found a better deal and suspect you may be able to as well. Just be careful of the policies of the online vendor in case the are problems.

I do like the TV and at either price it’s a great value.

Don’t buy it! I bought this last time, and the picture does not work. Returning was already a hassle in NYC (Woot would not do an exchange), and now is impossible due to Hurricane Sandy.

this seems like a great deal, but i’m concerned about shipping. is there any way to know when it will be shipped? i work 9am-6pm, but need to be home to sign for the package. it seems too heavy to carry myself from a delivery hub. any advice?

Very true, I figure they’d learned their lesson but no. Bought a 46" VIZIO 3D LED TV on 8/25/2012 for $550. Thought it was a great deal! Received quickly (9/7/12) but box was cut and the corner plastic around tv was broken and there was a 2"-3" gash in the back of the television. I immediately e-mailed woot and they explained the return process. Must make a damage claim through FedEx which was a pain as FedEx claims the shipper must make the claim. Finally got everything settled and FedEx picked up the damaged package on 9/12/12. Woot received package on 9/18/12. I sent multiple e-mails to Woot with tracking number (as requested). on 9/22/12 I sent an e-mail asking when refund would be made or if I would receive a replacement item. On 9/24/12 I received an e-mail apologizing for no response to previous e-mails and that the refund would be processed and show within 7-10 business days but my financial institution may take longer to show. On 10/5/12 I e-mailed Woot as I had not received any refund. I e-mailed again on 10/10/12 and have not received a single return e-mail. I still have not received a refund. I also just received a letter from FedEx stating that they could not process the damage claim due to the shipper not initiating the claim. Still no refund or response from Woot. Luckily, my credit card company is investigating and has taken the charge off of my account. Very disappointed with Woot and their lack of customer service. You’ve seen it before, but buyer beware, do NOT purchase a television from Woot!

Find a friend to help you?

ha, i guess i’ll have to… but also afraid that the box won’t fit into my 2001 sentra

I fit a 42" Panasonic plasma into the back of a Prius. YMMV!!!