Hisense 55" 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV

Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Hisense-55H7B2-55-Inch-Smart-Model/dp/B00XMUU4QK

4.5 star rating

That is the 55H7B2 model, this is 55H7B. Also the refresh rate is listed at 120Hz here and on Amazon but listed as UltraSMR480 on Walmart. There is a huge possibility this is a 60Hz native refresh rate with a gimmick to pretend be a faster processor than it is.

I’d stay clear of Hisense.

Hisense is a good value brand. Just recently got a 55". Remote is solid and doesn’t seem cheap. This model may be different but just chiming in on the brand. I’ve had a good experience but do check out the specs to make sure it will meet your needs.

This is supposedly native 120Hz (product-reviews.net), but Hisense has the same specs page for both the H7B and the H7B2 and the difference isn’t indicated.

The versions of HDMI and HDCP is also not listed, only that there are 4 HDMI ports. It doesn’t help as much if the panel is 120Hz if it can’t take 120Hz input, even at 1080p - which requires HDMI 2.0. No HDMI can currently take 4K 120Hz input, so any 120Hz 4K will be faked; for now, 4K 120Hz requires DisplayPort 1.3. And a lot of new 4K media players (particularly Ultra HD Blu-ray) require HDCP 2.2.

This looks like a decent price, but keep in mind what you may not be getting with it. Like HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, Hulu Plus, and 4K Amazon content.

From what I’ve read this thing pushes out 120hz natively only at 1080p. When pushed up to 4k it drops to around 30hz. I would be wary of this model and probably hold out for something else.

Was there a $499 model offered, that already sold out?

I see $199-$499 on the main page, but I only see $199-$439 on the detail page.