Hisense 55" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart TV

Check out the product page

Cheaper new @ Wally World.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-55H6B-55-1080p-120Hz-LED-Smart-HDTV/43521764

Cheaper? It’s $369 at Wal*Mart, $304 (shipping) here.

But that brings the question. Would the extra $65 in savings be worth the hassle of potentially getting a poorly refurbished unit then having to deal with shipping it back?

Heh, we lowered the price. Now, go buy ALL the TVs so we can get our buyer to stop crying.

pay the extra $65 at waltmart.

check out the woot return policy:
“What is Woot’s return policy?
We only accept returns for damaged and defective items.”
“If the returned product is found NOT to be defective or damaged, Woot reserves the right to impose a 15% restocking fee, and the original shipping charge will not be refunded. In the event your return request is past the 21 day return window, you may want to contact the manufacturer or whomever provides the warranty of your product to see if some other resolution is possible.”

“If we still have the same item in-stock, we will provide you with an exchange of the same item. If a replacement has been issued and you do not return the original item within the 30 days as stated in the return authorization, you will be charged for the replacement item. In the event the item is no longer available and you have contacted us within 21 days of the purchase date, Woot may issue you a refund in the amount of the original purchase based on the condition of the item. You may be required to return your defective item to Woot before an exchange or refund is issued. In the event the item being returned to Woot is NOT found to be damaged or defective, you may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded.”

basically, i think the risk is great enough that:

1. this tv may suck!
  2. this manufacturer doesn’t have the greatest quality track record, and a refurbished sounds risky.

i think no hassle return at wally world is worth $65… and it would be brand new.

I never understood the aversion for refurbished electronics on Woot.

For what it’s worth, I work as quality assurance in an electronics manufacturing facility. We sell instrumentation and control modules to power plants,so it’s not apples to apples, but most of our returns/RMAs are from “infant mortality”, where a component goes bad in the first few weeks.

As such, we find that we almost never see a unit back again after it’s been refurbished. Refurbished units are just more reliable because they’ve already had their failure, and it’s been corrected. I can see no reason the same wouldn’t be true of consumer electronics.

Hisense is a high-end manufacturer compared to most Chinese companies. they are VERY popular throughout the world but have only recently marketed much in the US. I would honestly say they are the best among ANY of the non-top tier brands. As far as ordering a refurb through mail order compared to new, it’s almost less risky as you know it has been gone through specifically while new one ones could develop problems that aren’t caught in a quick QA before it is shipped… In any case, being able to walk in to a Walmart to return or exchange, if you have one close enough by, IS a plus however, but at this price how picky are you going to be?

For what its worth, I bought a refurbished Hisense 46" LED TV from Woot in 2013. For all intents and purposes it was brand new and has been working perfectly ever since. Your mileage may vary, but for me it was a ton of value for the money.

If I were in the market for another TV, I’d seriously think about pulling the trigger on the Hisense.

^^I mirror this comment, except I bought a 40". I was actually impressed with the picture quality and sound quality–cause honestly, I was sketch about the name, as I hadn’t heard of it before.

Please include a photo of the inputs next time.

Manual for the 55", if anyone cares:
http://hisense-usa.com/support/manuals/55H6B_us_M_en_man.pdf
…still no photo of the inputs.

Got one, opened it and the screen is cracked. I was so looking forward to a new TV :frowning:

Waiting on customer service to see what happens next.

Update a week later: tv returned and full refund issued. Bad luck but good service.

I also got one - screen is damaged, tv intermittently makes a screeching sound and goes to pixels and restarts. Not happy at all right now, have yet to get a reply from support about what the next step is here… Wish I had spent the extra money at Walmart.

Update - I posted this on Friday and received a reply email offering me a $30 refund if I would like to keep the TV or a Full Refund should I choose to return it, I’ll be doing the latter. Support reply time is surprisingly slow and I keep getting a blanket email as follows -

"We’re sorry you’re not happy with your order. Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements available to send you. You’re welcome to return the item to us for a full refund.

We’ve initiated an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and created a prepaid return label. Your RMA# is 303758-1. Please make sure that this number is included in the package, and also provide a copy of the return label inside the box. You will not need to include a packing slip.

Your label will arrive in a separate email to the email address associated with your Woot account. If it does not appear in your Inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. "

I’ve gotten this message twice over the weekend and it’s now Sunday evening and still No RMA label in a separate message… uhhgghh

WOOT! smdh

Update #2 -

Got the finally got the shipping label from Fedex this morning, packing up the TV and it’s going back tomorrow.

Hoping for a prompt refund upon arrival! Update to follow

got the 55 sat and it works great