Hitachi 20-Inch Chain Saw with PureFire Engine

**Item: **Hitachi 20-Inch Chain Saw with PureFire Engine
Price: $249.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $21 Two-Day OR $24 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Hitachi 20-Inch Chain Saw with PureFire Engine)

[Search Google](Google 20-Inch Chain Saw with PureFire Engine)

Can’t comment on the chainsaw, but Hitachi Purefire engines are soooooooo good. Quick to start and reliable between seasons.

Here are a few reviews
Home Depot is selling for $399.99
Review from TylerTool

Seems identical to this Tanaka unit since Hitachi = Tanaka.

http://www.amazon.com/Tanaka-TCS51EAP-50-1CC-20-Inch-PureFire/dp/B008Q3068Y

I don’t have enough good things to say about the Tanaka trimmer I got from Woot. Don’t need a chainsaw, since I already have one or I’d be all over this.

Sweet! Just in time for Halloween!

Find some meat!

I cannot say enough bad things about this company and their customer service. Steer clear of this deal. Buy a Stihl saw instead.

I bought the 16" Hitachi from Woot last year. What can I say, the saw is just OK. Starts great when the engine is cold, but refuses to start if you’ve used it for a while then turned it off. Don’t know if this one would act the same or not.

For about 90.00 bucks more you can buy a Stihl that will last you ten or more years and never a minutes problems. I bought on of these saws last year from woot and it sucked from day one. Sorry woot. Sometimes ya just sell the wrong product…

Tyler Tool…
Retail:
$799.99
Our Price:
$379.99
Sale Price:
$265.99
You Save:
$534.00 (67%)
-free shipping

I’d spend a few bucks more and get a stihl or husqvarna.

I bought its little brother, 32 cc 16 inch bar) for ~125 (less a 20-30 $ rebate) on woot about 2 years ago. I could not be happier. For the price I got a very solid tool. Mine can be a little bit finicky when starting cold, might need about 3 pulls max, but once warm its fine. For a homeowner just doing basic tree/shrub maintenance and hurricane cleanup my 16 inch is amazing. My saw has taken apart about 15 shrubs, 5 small pine tree’s, and the top third of 2 three foot diameter oak trees (broke off in Hurricane Sandy) no problem.

I cant promise the bigger saw will give you the same experience, but I would be willing to take the risk if I was in the market for a saw this size. Luckily my 16 inch is so good I’m not.

Thanks Woot!

A 2 cycle engine cannot produce pure fire. They are dirty as all get out.

@phantazn, agreed. If you really need a 20 inch, >50cc saw, go Stihl or Husqvarna. Heck, same answer even if you don’t need this size.

Other saws can be OK if you’re lucky or baby them - but the odds are a lot lower.

Chain saw with “rear handle!”

Wow great idea woot those with front handles are so dangerous! Ho ho ho

What will be next, left handed hammers and screw drivers?

I own this chainsaw and LOVE IT. No complaints. Is reliable, starts easily and is the fastest cut I have ever had in a chain saw.

There are chainsaws without rear handles. In-tree saws generally have a top handle, check out the Stihl MS 201.

The rule of all small engines isn’t how they perform under regular use…it’s how they perform under typical homeowner use, once very 90 days! Every saw will run great if used every week.
The only path to happiness with small engines, run occasionally, is to pour off the gas and run them dry.

Stihl saws run great because the people who buy them USE them.

I have the smaller Hitachi saw with a 14" bar that I bought on sale and with rebates at Menards for about $80. I didn’t have much hope for it, thinking it would just be useful for brush and when limbing trees on a ladder. But now it is my main saw and I love it. I use it all the time. I have to clean out the air filter with a blast from the air compressor about every two uses (it is only finicky when the air filter is dusty), but other than that it is the easiest saw to start and keep running, a reasonable weight, and economical on gasoline. My Stihl, which I eventually threw in the garbage, was a horrible gas guzzling and badly designed saw. I’d have to fill the bar oil reservoir and gas tank after running it for a much shorter time. The reputation of the Stihl saws (unless they’ve become better in recent years) is undeserved in my opinion. I also have a huge Husquevarna that doesn’t have much in the way of safety features, is a pain to start, and too big for average jobs (but an absolute necessity on some huge trees). I have two Poulan Pro 20" saws that I also didn’t have much hope for, but they have lasted a very long time and I can find parts easily. But I’ve found that now I pull the Hitachi off the truck more than the Poulan just because it is a bit lighter and if I’m sawing all day long, it is less tiring and can handle most of the trees I have. It is not as powerful as the bigger motors like this 50cc but good enough for most jobs. The only complaint I have about the Hitachi is that you don’t find parts in stock easily, however I can find the chains at the farm store without problem. I would never hesitate to get another Hitachi, I trust the brand. I also have a Hitachi 12" sliding compound miter saw that is the best power tool I’ve ever purchased. I retired my Stihl because it was a horrible saw and my Homelight because only John Deere was allowed to service it now that the brand was sold, and their repair people were nitwits. The Poulan Pros are easy to get parts for and for the money (I paid about $180 on sale) they are a very good value and not finicky saws (just a couple small parts wore out on one of them but the engine has always been fine). So, I’d have no qualms about buying this 50cc Hitachi if I needed it, but I don’t, but I’m very satisfied with its 14" 32cc little brother, that I use about twice a week. The industrial design of the Hitachi saws is very good in terms of routine servicing, disassembly, cleaning, tensioning, filter cleaning, and safety features. I’m not so wild about the cosmetic stuff (they remind me of an overblown running shoe with all sorts of complicated little scraps of useless decorations sewed on all over the place for no reason) but I tolerate the silly appearance because it has been such a dependable and easy to start and maintain saw. If they had better market penetration, they would certainly have a more robust reputation. I’d take one over a Stihl any day.