Hitachi 20-Inch Chain Saw with PureFire Engine

Also, and this is something someone pointed out before during an earlier discussion for some 2-cycle product woot was offering, Home Depot sells the TruFuel stuff that claims to be ethanol free.

I’ve yet to use the stuff, and it seems absurdly priced, but at the same time, it’s premixed and seems conveniently sealed for long-term storage for when you need it (emergencies, your next to last resort zombie take down equipment, the 2-cycle generator you bought on woot a couple days ago, etc.).

He linked to the Hitachi tool warranty (power tools like drills).

Both are off the same warranty page, but you want the outdoor power equipment warranty:

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/index/main-navigation/service-and-support/warranty-info/outdoor-power-equipment-warranty.aspx

Consumer use is 7 years.

The nice thing about a stihl is they are made in america. Can’t find the country of origin for this saw posted anywhere.
For the backyard casual user it probably won’t be any worst than a poulan.
I’ll stick with my huaq’s stihl’s . Also this is an EPA carb/saw, ie: no rebuilding/adjusting it’s a throwaway.

A small engine mechanic who is a client of mine told me that fuel stabilizers can’t do what an ethanol free engineered fuel can do as far as preventing the separation of the fuel components that lead to gumming as well as overall performance. He convinced me that paying the high price for canned premixed fuel with a 2 year shelf life was worth it in the long run considering the cost of repairing or replacing outdoor power equipment.

I switched to canned premix non-ethanol 40:1 fuel. It has stabilizer, stays good for a while, and I leave it in the tool until end of season.

I’ve cleaned, rebuilt and replaced too many carbs. Ethanol is killing good engines. (A plot?)

My Stihl is on it’s second carb, though it’s 30 or so years old…

I hear small airports sell quality non-ethanol gas. Maybe it’s saved for planes?

Florida passed a law repealing the ethanol requirement for gasoline, so there are a number of places near me that sell ethanol-free gas. Plus, living near the coast means plenty of nearby marinas that have it too. I run it in all my power equipment.