Hitachi 30GB Blu-Ray HDD/DVD High Definition Camcorder

I’m in for one;

Been wanting to tape some of my son’s Football games, this will be great!

oh gah… too funny

wow
in for 10

Alas, I am poor. Sigh.

really nice cam…

Good price comapred to what i paid…

GET IT NOW BEFORE THERE GONE

I don’t even have to read the reviews. If you’re getting an HD camcorder, there’s no sense getting it without 3 CCDs.

reviews on CNET are not good. too bad. looked cool at first.
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/hitachi-dz-bd7h/4505-6500_7-32600954.html?tag=mncol;lst

or the short review here
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/audio-video/video/camcorders/first-look-two-high-def-camcorders-12-07/overview/high-definition-camcorders-ov.htm

I think I’ll pass, by looking at the reviews I trust their judgment…

All 3 reviewers on Amazon HATE this camera. Only 1 out of 5 star rating. Here is what they said:
By Kosta Vangeloff “Kosta R. Van” (Alabama) - See all my reviews

As a first in any product, you might expect flaws, but this one is fatally flawed.

Video quality is poor. Very poor. I recommend looking elsewhere for much cheaper. This product is not worth your money.

Look at Sony or Panasonic.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?
Report this | Permalink
Comment

14 of 15 people found the following review helpful:
Poor image quality indoors, November 23, 2007
By John Doe “jd” (Florida) - See all my reviews
I was extremely excited to buy this camera as it held a lot of promise. I waited months for it to become available. My disappointment with its performance was immediate. Very poor image quality indoors, and almost impossible to operate in low light. I quickly returned the camera and will try others.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?
Report this | Permalink
Comment

17 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
Not a high definition camera, December 1, 2007
By Caru (MA USA) - See all my reviews

1. The quality of the recording in anything other than bright daylight is abysmal and cannot be called high definition. It seems to have lines throughout the image, as if there was some kind of interference/static.
  2. The camera takes an eternity to focus on the desired object; a blurry image appears instead. That is especially true when the camera is turned on and when using the zoom.
  3. The manual says that by pressing the button “BLC” when filming someone indoors against bright light will fix the darkness problem, but it doesn’t work (the person filmed is still completely dark, and the person’s face can’t even be seen).

Overall, the camera does NOT seem to be functioning as a high definition - full HD - quality camera. My 1080i Sony Camcorder that was bought over one year ago has much better image quality.

Wow… look at all the wanna-be Spielbergs in California wooting this camera!

The risk of embarrassment is worth it.
And justice demands it.

Seriously. At this price you would be better off getting a 3-5 year old pro-sumer grade 3CCD Mini-DV camcorder. The video will be of better quality. This HD camcorder craze is just like the Megapixel craze in digital cameras. People think HD means it will be better regardless of every other factor, just like people think more MP is better regardless of other factors.

Conclusion from review at camcorder.info

“So here it is, the world’s first Blu-ray camcorder. The Hitachi DZ-BD7HA proves that being the first at something does not necessarily warrant you pulling out your wallet to reward it. While Hitachi has surely overcome some technical hurdles to bring the DZ-BD7HA into existence, it’s riddled with so many problems that have been solvable for years that we wonder how gullible or fad-hungry it thought the public would be. Sixteen-hundred dollars for a camcorder that has virtually no manual controls, electronic rather than optical image stabilization, a poor auto response system, and, above all, terrible image quality – that’s a raw deal.”

Junk - even cheap Junk - is still JUNK… SKIP

I wonder. Do you have to have a Blu Ray DVD player to use this camera?

I GOT THIS CAMERA DO NOT BUY ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAID THE QUALITY FOR THIS CAM SUCKS! I was tricked with the whole HD blueray thing too but when I saw the playback i was almost in TEARS literally! This is false advertisement seriously. If you want you can buy this and sell it on ebay for 700 or more but if u are planning on keeping this DONT!!! BEWARE! you have been warned

In case you lack $529.99, you can buy 3 12-foot USB Monster A-B cables in Sellout Woot for $8, including shipping. They’re nice cables.

What are the frames per second? Does it shoot 24p?

in for 3

Hey, maybe with 3 of them you can solder the sensors together and make a 3CCD version.