Hitachi LCD Entertainment Projector with 76-inch Screen

can this be used for computer app projecting too? or is it only television?

Cheap or crap!
854×480 Native Resolution - Low res… - I’d call it crap!

I can only imagine watching DVDs and playing PS2 on a 76" screen. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I will have to continue imagining it, as that is a little out of my budget right now… sigh

That screen adds a bit of value to this woot as well…

I have a projector and went for a screen (instead of my wall) finally a couple of months ago. I spent $100 for a fairly bottom line screen so figure that into your decision on this woot.

becuase after today, all that information is pretty much unaccessible. so he puts them on the forum so you can come back another day and find out what you want.

anyone know how these compare with other projectors? I need a new TV, and this looks like an interesting alternative.

515 plus 30 for shipping with NO screen.

kick ass deal but im sticking w/ my 50" samsung hdtv

Eh, not sure its such a great deal…

Cause lets say you feed that project 1080p signal…its going to dumb it down to its native resolution…so therefore, its cheating you out of the true signal quality…

I’ve read before a good distance is 1 ft/4 inches. So if this is correct (which it may not be) that would be 19’

This is obviously a good price. Does anyone have information on the product?

Is native res the highest it’ll go? I’ve got a laptop that rezzes at 1280x800, if this would work as a projector for that it might be cool.

Can you say “ANALOG” This is not HD, just a simulation. Read the discription “The Hitachi EDPJ32 boasts a native resolution of 854×480”. Thats ANALOG folks.

Note tonight Woot,
Nite Nite Wooters

Somebody asked what movie that was on the screen.

Its a frame from episode 24 of the hit HBO series Deadwood.

Great episode from a great series. I highly recommend it.

Egads. Yet another sub-Hi-Def projector from Woot!

Don’t be fooled - this is barely 1/3 the resolution of a 720P projector(which can be accomplished by a puny 1280*1024 display, like in your most budget LCD monitors). All decent projectors today can at least do native 720 - and for a couple of hundred dollars more, it’s like spending $1000 on a TV resolution big screen TV or $1200 on the DLP Hi-Def. You have to be really desperate to not spend the extra money for three times the resolution.

This is three year old technology and deserves to be put to rest in the technolgy dustbin. Bad Woot!.

That’s the cheapest I found it as well… $545.
So, after the rebate, it costs $475 here plus you get a screen throw in to sweeten the pot.
Not a bad deal at all.

argh 500:1 contrast :frowning: that makes me a saaaad panda

Folks, as the chief engineer of a TV station, I must warn you that this thing is FAR from high def HDTV. It’s native resolution must be 1024x768 minimum for 1080i display. Yes it shows 720p (ABC’s HD) and 1080i (NBC & CBS), but this is the input video and not display. It does what’s called “down convert” so it is about the same resolution (quality) as today’s TV. Even the contrast ratio of 500:1 is poor for a projector. Also, true HD equipment comes with a DVI input. This allows the digital video to go directly into the equipment (projector, TV, etc.) You are absolutely throwing your money away on this if you even begin to think you will have an HDTV system. Also 1300 lumens is a very low light output. To use this, you’d need close to a pitch black room for a decent picture. (Prior to being a TV station chief engineer, I worked on high end A/V installations. Remember: You get what you pay for! A fair LCD projector will cost you about $2,000. A good one will run about $4,000 to $5,000. And the high end projectors (generally DLP) run about $50,000. You might as well buy one of those $10 magnifying glasses they use to put in front of a TV set to “project” the picture on the wall!

woot woot, anyone knows how big the room should be for a projector like that?

Thanks

True - I found this projector for $230 more at another place, but with a $300 rebate as opposed to the $100 offered here. So Woot is $30 cheaper, plus another $25 cheaper on shipping.

Throw in the screen and you are saving at least $150 through this Woot deal.