Hitachi Rear Handle Chain Saw

which could be a few hours from where you live.

Can this cut through bone? And does a hair-clogged chain diminish its effectiveness?

Are you asking for a friend? :omg:

Yes, that’s it. A friend.

Real easy to answer. Just ahead of the cutter is a plate that is called the “depth gauge”. Prevents excessive dig-in which prevents the binding that causes kickback. Also cutter has more gentle geometry. Not an Oregon feature, it is available from all manufacturers. Oregon = not the most expensive, not the best, but best value. Incidentally a kickback back cost me $18000 hospital and I am grateful to be alive. Still have nightmares 10 years later. However I do not use low kickback chains. Rather the more agresive chains w better ergonomics and more care. Get the job done quicker and stay more focussed. Just sharing.

All chainsaws have a top handle. Regular chainsaws have a front handle that is a safety enhancement. Aborists have a problem: zero space. Hence they r forced to use the less controllable and dangerous option of the second handle being on top. Unless u r a monkey who climbs those saws r not for u. This is the regular safer geometry. Top handle monkeys go back to your favorite tree and enjoy the view.

Glad your ok now. People, please get educated and be extremely careful if you decide to use a chainsaw. Use proper safety gear and never rush.
Warning graphic images:

Mine has run just dandy for over a year…gets its share of a workout- honestly a decent product in my mind