HOLIDAY ADS... BEST AND WORST

Please post the holidays ads that give you all the feels. The warm fuzzies and the migraine inducing eye-rolls. Throw them all in this pot. It can be commercials and ads from the past, present… and future, if you can pull it off.

1 Like

Since this is the internet…
Here’s one that i HATE. and I am not alone. Apparently the internet hates it as mush as i do.

It screams affluence and self indulgence… I’d just blame millennials, but I think this extends beyond one group.

2 Likes

As a millennial (when I feel like it) i think this is stupid. This is for those tide-pod eating younger idiots.

2 Likes
1 Like

RIght. That’s why I said I can’t just blame a generation. This is really dumb. I read a few people that defended it… but they just sounded as privileged as the person in the ad.

Redux. Show the item in a house that actually looks like a home. Show the kids making suppers so mom can get a work-out. Show a person that is a little over-weight. And shooting a video of herself? I mean, it’s like the worst aspect of the selfie generation.

If I wanted to make fun of really vain people that obsess over working out, I could not have written a better ad.

2 Likes

Did you see the continuation? It’s not a terrible ad, IMHO.

3 Likes

Yes! I’m hoping they keep it alive.

1 Like

I’m not so sure it was meant to be taken seriously, but all the hype was pretty genius.

2 Likes

OMG face palm

3 Likes
4 Likes

love that ad! So clever. And accurate.

1 Like

It’s why I stick with catshirts and cat plushies instead of real cats. None Less of the destruction.

3 Likes

Our casts are pretty mellow, just periodically loud. Cats are not like dogs in that respect.
Dog… Pick the breed that is most like your own temperament, “Know thyself before owning a 5 year old for 15+ years.”

Cat… Aw, this one is cute. “A litter of kittens in like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

The conditions in the room don’t seem ideal for penguins, regardless of the sub-species.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Commercials are great when they are spoofed or have a part two!

Original

Parody

1 Like
1 Like