Holiday Light Show Laser Projector, Motion

Wait what?? You have to set it to motion every time it comes on? Well that is just crappy!

anyone have experience mounting these on say, sharks or ill tempered sea bass?

At Target http://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-tv-startastic-holiday-action-laser-show-projector/-/A-51212707?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=&adgroup=&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9018803&gclid=CKeU79X4jNACFRMlgQodHmoAJg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Well, how else we gonna get Santa to stop here unless we shoot him down with some military grade lasers? Sheesh!

What if … an errant beam of laser light strikes a passenger jet and it crashes? Huh, what then? Also, what if an errant beam strikes a police helicopter, huh? Total SWAT team immolation, that’s what. No way man.

(snark.)

yes, I used dental floss to mount. :wink:

My White Tails, coons, armadillos barn cats,and possums will love this; not sure about the dogs?

Just imagine how many cats you can entertain if you mount this to your roof pointed down at your lawn! (Assuming you buy the motion one).

Does anyone actually have this brand and model that can comment on its brightness and longevity? Some quick Youtubing shows there are several versions of these types of external laser light projectors.

The “Star Shower” looks great on the box but is all plastic and has pretty bad projection compared to a similar (and more generic sounding) metal-housed “Laser Christmas Lights” according to this video review on Youtube.

I’d like to know how this “Startastic” version rates in comparison to those two. There is no mention of it on Youtube, other than versions of the TV infomercial.

Does anyone know what is the ideal distance to project stars onto side of two story home?

I can only compare this to the Star Shower as I used that one last time around. The Startastic is way more durable and one is way brighter on the front of my house. I threw out my Star Shower once I purchased the Startastics and so did my 2 of neighbors.

They are both the same idea, but I’d say Startastic got it right with the quality and the price point.

Hope that helps.

I bought the Motion Startastic from Woot! last Sept 19th for $32.99. This is what I wrote on the discussion thread after receiving it…

**Got mine last Wednesday. My plan was to illuminate some large trees just beyond my back yard. It looked good but the red lights were barely visible, Still, the green alone created some pretty cool motion effects… like sparking wires running up and down the branches.

But after a bit, I decided I didn’t like the idea of an extension cord and FL weather, and possibility of mid-night theft. So, I crafted a home-made base to replace the ground stake and moved it to the INSIDE of my 10 X 14 screened-in patio and pointed it to cover the ceiling, 14’ back screening, and a little overlap on the side screenings. Oh! Mr. Goodbar!! It looks awesome!!! It looks like thousands of pinpoint lights on the ceiling and screened walls, even when not in motion. The hanging plants outside the screen give a cool 3D effect. Turn on the motion and he patio becomes a dazzling party patio. The motion model was soooo worth the three extra dollars. **

FYI. You just sold me on this. The fear of theft of my unit last year was enough to drive me nuts. You solved the problem AND inspired greatness!

You joke, but I read on another review that the paperwork with these say they’re illegal to use within 10 miles of an airport!

Glad to help.

I don’t think that holds for the limited strength of these laser lights. If it were true even for these, I would think they would include a warning stating such in or on the box. On the contrary, they only mildly caution not to stare into the beams and say they are otherwise safe.

Puts on Mr. Rodger’s sweater
Hello children.
Lasers have safety ratings.

Most things you’ll come across in your daily life (barcode scanners, laser pointers, etc) are all class 1 or 2 requiring no eye protection. For the case of class two your blink rate is fast enough to prevent any serious damage.

I’ve come to realize this is just a mini Amazon and the real deals have gone by the wayside. Actually, it’s more than Target because you don’t pay shipping and you get that 5%.

This is a piece of junk, worked 1 night and of course Woot only allows returns up to 21 days after the item is received, my luck was didn’t set up lights until 22 days after so my advice don’t buy this item unless you are setting up your lights the day you receive it.

This thing is JUNK! First time it got rained on and it crapped out. Doesn’t even turn on anymore. Not weather resistant as advertised.