Holmes Twin Ceramic Heater

We have one of these from years back purchased at a brick and mortar store. It only comes out occasionally as we live in the South, but it does a good job keeping a bedroom sized room warm. It makes very little noise even with the fan running. We like it quite a bit.

Tell him just to start the car…the carbon monoxide exhaust should warm him up (check his life insurance policy first and make sure you’re the beneficiary and he is covered for “accidental death”)

It will heat any space. The temperature rise will depend on how well the space is insulated.

Due to insurance policies space heaters are mostly banned from workplaces. The only allowed heaters at my workplace are flat panel heaters which don’t put out a lot of heat.

No. I work on cars in my garage with no heat all the time, and I’ve tried several different types of the typical 1500 watt heater, and none of them work unless you are right next to it for a space as cold and large as a garage. These are indoor heaters for small rooms. For a garage heater you’d want a kerosene heater or a salamander.

Maybe he had something else in mind?

Anyone know the maximum square footage that this unit will heat?

There is no maximum, there is no minimum. 1500 watts puts out the same amount of heat no matter what ‘heater’ it is in. Go buy a $10 1500 watt heater at Wally World and try it out. It will do the same as this one. Then you could do some testing and see if you can figure out the ‘maximum’ footage it will heat, and you will have your answer!!

Tried to order this a 7:30 am this morning 3 times with PayPal and each time got “Transaction Denied” so ordered with a credit card. Called PayPal support and they said the transaction was never submitted to them.

Sorry to hear that you experienced issues when ordering this morning.

I’ve forwarded your post onto Woot Member Services to see if they can find the root of the problem.

Thanks for you post :slight_smile:

This probably won’t be enough heat unless he’s standing right on top if it.
My Hubby (Bill) wanted heat in our garage. Best thing we’ve found is a Dyna-Glo propane heater. There are single and dual output styles. Both of these screw onto the top of the larger (5 gallon) propane tanks.
Since he got his the cold (-9f today) hasn’t been a problem.

Btw; He’s been using it for over 5 years without any problems. It will probably last another 10 years or more.

After writing into Member Services, they’ve informed me that it appears your account cancelled the PayPal form of payment 3 times before using a CC payment.

If you find this to be incorrect, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know the details of this circumstance.

I definitely did not cancel the transactions myself, so I will contact them - thanks.

I wouldn’t recommend Vornado. I bought 2 of this same model and the heating elements failed in both of them within 2 months and the customer service at Vornado was terrible even though they had a 1 year warranty.

Why do people make stupid comments like this. It’s not even funny. Stick with the subject at hand and give a review of the product. Stop wasting comment space. So damn childish. Pisses me off. Do you have experience with this product. Please chime in. It would be appreciated. If you know nothing about the item. Stick your head back in your a$$.

Easier to ignore them.

My problem with these kinds of heaters is an electric radiator will run at 2000 watts, cycling maybe half the time, and heat larger areas more efficiently.

You’re better off fronting the money for an efficient heater. You will save on electricity in, what, 3 months of use?

I haven’t read on to see if anyone else corrected you. Electric heaters are typically hot to the touch, yes. However, one of the main reasons people buy ceramic heaters is that they are generally not hot to the touch, making them safer if you have little minis running about.

Dirty, dirty wooters.
I’d love to smother my husband with my body heat, but he gets irritated when his mobility is hindered while attempting to fix someone’s serpentine belt.

Glad to know this one won’t really do much in a garage setting. Thank you to those with honest reviews. Skipping this one.

Don’t feel all alone.

“Subject: Woot says thanks for your order of Holmes Twin Ceramic Heater - #43253008
Date: 1/12/2013 6:14:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time”

Not showing up in stuff I bought, not charged to CC. This has happened with the last 4-5 items I THOUGHT I purchased! Something weird is going on at woot!