Home Environment Devices

Thomas Edison was nearly deaf. Despite that, he was a friggin’ genius.

Correct sir/madam!!! BOOOYAH!!!

Bought the humidifier last time it was on Woot, works great, throws a ton of steam really fast. I really like how you can adjust the amount of steam and switch between warm and cool mist. You can even aim the steam in 2 different directions, which come in handy if you’re trying to keep 2 sick, whiny kids satisfied.

How much are the replacement filters and are they hard to find? Does this unit produce ozone?

Guardian Technologies AC4850PT 3-in-1 Digital Air Cleaning System with PetPure Filter

The PureGuardian R4500 120-Hour Ultrasonic Humidifier has no filter and does not produce ozone. The downside is if you don’t use pure water it leaves the minerals as dust.

I really need a humidifier, the only reason I didn’t purchase this last time is I read, at a few points that they had this, that there were people who had issues. I guess thats the risk you run buying refurb. is this something that isn’t very common with these refurbs and should just go for it? Finances are pretty tight right now, I know I need one but I just don’t want to spend 40 on something that may end up not working after a month.

Bought the Guardian Technologies AC4850PT 3-in-1 Digital Air Cleaning System with PetPure Filter last time around . This sucka is LOUD… we’re talkin airplane taking off in your bedroom loud on the top speed. I have to turn it all the way down or off to sleep, which essentially defeats the purpose…

I also bought a couple of
Honeywell HEPAClean™ 3-in-1 Tower Air Purifiers a few weeks before that… and they are awesome, but take up too much real estate to use in my bedroom.

Based on the details in the specs, I think this might be the filter:

http://www.amazon.com/Germ-Guardian-True-Filter-Treatment/dp/B00895IDIO/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1383134914&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=FLT4850PT

Looks to be about $40 with free shipping on amazon.

I think the next question is how often you’d have to change it. I’d be willing to spend an extra $40 every 6 months to replace the filter, but if it is only going to last 30 days, that is a different story entirely.

For the Guardian Technologies AC4850PT 3-in-1 Digital Air Cleaning System with PetPure Filter,

How does the timer work? Does it have option to where it will run a specified amount of time (2 hours, 4 hours, etc.) or can it be set to a schedule, turning off and on at certain times in the day?

I was able to find the manual

http://www.guardiantechnologies.com/prodimages/ac4850_manual_0511.pdf

Sounds like the filter needs to be replaced every 6 to 8 months, and the UV light every 10 to 12 months.

No information provided on the timer option :frowning:

I bought this pure guardian humidifier new from Costco a few years ago. It worked great for 2 years. A good amount of steam/mist. Fairly easy to clean. You do have to make sure you clean it frequently, which I took care of every time I changed the water. It uses a low amount of energy on “cool” mode.

Unfortunately though, I just took out the unit to use for this winter and something is wrong with the vibrating plate. The unit appears to be functioning as normal, but the unit no longer will produce enough mist to project ANYTHING out of the mist projector. I took very good care of this unit.

I would recommend getting this unit with a warranty, or from a place that will replace it… or you may use it for a couple years (more like 2 winters) and have it fail on you.

Got one of these the last time it was offered. It’s the 2nd one I’ve had. If you used distilled water, you don’t have to worry about lime deposits, white dust, or filters. The one drawback is that the ‘warm’ setting is still too cold for me.