Home Environs

Amazon reports have more (6) folks giving 1 star than the five who gave it 5 stars. Main issue relates to draining the water overflow, not cooling. Seems that those able to tinker up a solution are happy.

**Sharp CV2P10SC 10,500 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

Warranty: 1 Year Total: 30 Day Sharp; 11 Month Woot**

Where can I find the specifics regarding the 11 month Woot warranty?

Here’s our Standard Woot, Inc. Limited Warranty. This one is an unusual case so ignore the 90-day reference on that page.

Best bet is if you have questions, email support@woot.com for assistance.

Thank you!

Bought one the last time, sadly was damaged. Woot customer support (ya’ll rock) got me a replacement. This thing is quite and the water tank holds a lot of water. Be careful when filling up though if you set it down on a hard surface as the “nozzles” could be damaged.

Regarding the humidifier, I bought one from Woot last year. It’s about half the regular price. In general, I really like these humidifiers - very quiet and quite effective for a large room or small apartment (up to 600 sq ft). The one that I purchased from Woot worked, but not as well as the ones that I have purchased previously from another source. I won’t be buying another refurbished one of these humidifiers, but I would certainly consider buying another of this model. As ever, your mileage may vary with refurbs…

I was thinking about the Sharp CV2P10SC, but was reading the Plasmacluster unit wears out, given these are refurbished I wonder how many hours are on the plasmacluster generator. I was interested in is smell control and virus/mold/bacteria killing as a bonus for non-ac time.

Mine broke after the 3 month woot warranty. It fried the diodes on circuit board somehow.
Left a lot of white dust when it did work. I prefer the hot steam humidifiers.

Bought a different one from this company. Broke in a month. Sent it in. They “fixed it”. Broke in 2 days. Didn’t bother again.

We live in the mountains, where it is very dry. This humidifier is the best we have ever owned! It is quiet, holds enough water to last 3 or 4 nights, and really keeps us comfortable.

Uhm, what product?

Rats, I thought this was some cool radio of some sort. :frowning:

I bought the portable air conditioner last time around. It does not do a good job of cooling, even a small space. Take my advice and save your money for a different model.

Thank you for the report. I was thinking about getting one of these. We live in a very hot and humid part of the country and I thought it would be a good one room back up in case the main AC went (which it has before). Seems not so. You saved me some $$$,