Home Theater Speakers & Components

Hi Rich, thanks for the questions,

They are not Blue Tooth compatible.

QP9W PWRBR + an external sub is an simple cable plugged into the SOUNDBAR from the sub. We supply the cable.

So, QP9W PWRBR + SUBSONIC or PSSUB 225 will give you a separate powered subwoofer.

Bass is really important to add to any SOUNDBAR as by design, they have limited bass. QP9W PWRBR has one of the best and lowest bass outputs of any SOUNDBAR we know of.

So, I think you should consider initially QP9W PWRBR and see if you want to add a subwoofer after hearing the bar alone. If any one will have bass or (upper mid bass as we call it)on its own, that is the one,

Thanks again

This is absolutely perfect timing; however, there really is no real savings here. All of the speakers are a few bucks more on Amazon and there’s no time cap.

I am actually looking into ceiling speakers and a sub and a receiver; but these prices are not that great.

Just beware.

As somebody else noted, these often/typically do not come with speaker wire. With that said, in my experience, when they do come with speaker wire, it’s usually a lighter-than-optimal gauge. I usually buy a spool of wire when I buy a receiver or speakers for this reason, and also because it makes the question of whether the items ship with long-enough wire moot.

I’m sorry I can’t speak more precisely to how long the included wire usually is (when it’s included) since I typically drop it in a junk drawer or recycling bin and replace as described.

P.S. IIRC, it’s more common for speakers to ship with wire than for receivers to- I don’t think I’ve ever bought a receiver that came with wire included, just speakers.

wondering if you can use these soundbars for a center channel? or the power one ht200? my center channel doesn’t quite have enough oomph.

Very good question. Normally a SOUNDBAR is not for a center channel as it has front left and front right channels, but not center. You may have seen the industry term 2.0 or 2.1? 2.0 is the standard SOUNDBAR which does not have center. 2.1 includes a powered subwoofer either built in, as in the case of our POWERONE HT 200 or external, in th case of our FRONTROWSYS8210. OK, now for my answer.

A center channel is a component of a 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM. Where as a SOUNDBAR with or without a subwoofer is designed to be a significant acoustic upgrade to the virtually non existant TV sound from flat panels. So, at the core, they are different products for different purposes.

And now, I get to your specific question. If I knew the center channel speaker you are referring to I can probably get more info for you. As it stands, If you have a center channel that is not up to your preference, but the front channel speakers are, than I suggest you buy a step up Center Channel Speaker. We have BD 300 from time to time on these forums at great deals. If your front speakers are also not to your liking you may want to decide if you want a 2.1 TV audio system, or stick with a 5.1 Home Theater system format. Our 2.1 POWERONEHT 200 is far better on music and for TV movies than many basic 5.1 systems. So, I am kind of saying the decision rests with whether you are commited to a 5.1 Home Theater format, If so, Get a better center channel that will meet your needs. If you want to shift to a 2.1 set up, our POWERONE HT 200 is a far better performer than many front channel and subwoofers.

I hope all this education helps. As is often the case, a simple question gets me going.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

ARIN

Sony “1800 watt” sound system that does 600 watts x 2 RMS…

"Amplifier Power Consumption:

Power Consumption (in Operation) : 265 Watts
Power Consumption (in Standby) : 0.5 Watts"

Why is this legal, and why is Woot trying to sell products with blatant lies in their specs?

Energy Power™ Bar One Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofers – bought one of these for Mom’s new TV (she’s hard of hearing) and couldn’t be happier. Good performance for the price if you want a little “oomph” for your flat screen TV. Will it replace a 2.1 or 5.1 system? No, but this soundbar was easy to set up and provides good sound at a reasonable price.

Ditto for this request. Can’t find it anywhere online.

Yeah, sorry. We didn’t get a sample and vendor only has one pic of the item. :frowning:

I’ve seen those, and neither provides 3rd party verified frequency response charts. Also, they’re from like a decade ago. Are you saying you haven’t updated the technology in these subs for over a decade?

Doh! Should have held out for the lower price on the BD2500s. I got mine around christmas. They sound great, though. How’s it going, Arin?

Hi, thanks for being a proud owner of the BD 2500 , the BEST WE OFFER! I am doing great and I really appreciate you asking.