Home Theater

i am also in the same boat. my living room is probably 150 feet with a maximum of 8 feet separating my tv and my couch. so chepaer teh better. i am just a bit torn between vizio 5.1 and 2.1/ is the polk one good?

HI Jonathon and thanks for the question. Your idea of MB 11500+ with BABY BOOMER is excellent and would provide both excellent music and movies. Especially the 2 subwoofers. Having said that, I will recommend another combination for the medium sized room and also with smaller sized speakers:

FRONT CHANNEL: BD 500
CENTER CHANNEL:BD 300
REAR CHANNEL: SFITLCR250
SUBWOOFER: BABY BOOMER

All together, this option is WOOT EVENT priced @ $715. The option you suggested is $650. Overall, your option would provide more bass. My option will be better for music listening and the larger center channel would be better for dialogue portion of the movie. Add PSSUB 225 for a 2nd sub and you have the best overall combinations. I do not think SUPERSONIC is best unless you have larger size front channel speakers.

If possible, consider the BD 500/BD 300 SFITLCR 250 + BABY BOOMER + PSSUB 225. WOW!

Thanks,

ARIN

Hi, I strongly, very strongly suggest POWERONEHT 200, a superior 2.1 system all in 1 cabinet. AND, the TV itself will sit on the 2.1 cabinet. Bass is substantial with our patented port design. This will give you exceptional performance and safety concerns with your child are alleviated.

I was given a pair of Silverline SR-17 speakers recently, and am struggling to find a good receiver for speakers of that quality. My question is can you bi-amp the speakers with this stereo, and if so what output would I be looking at? Any other information in regards to using this as a 2.1 setup is appreciated, since I was (gratefully) forced into the higher end speaker world.

EDIT: I am referring to the HK AVR700

I have a pair of the Polk Audio TSi100 speakers in my bedroom hooked up to a NAD C316BEE (40wpc rms) and a Marantz CD6004 cd player.

Highly recommend these speakers for either a two channel or multi channel setup. They perform way above their modest price!

On the TEAC thing…
I’m extremely low-tech… I just want a device that works, (and doesn’t have a cassette player). I don’t own anything Bluetooth, to think that is a cool feature.

Does this thing only do 1 CD at a time?
If yes, can someone recommend a disc changer that is small to stack on this thing?

Does this thing have USB input?

Does the radio self scan for channels, or can I fine tune it?

It is a single disc tray, but it does have a few AUX inputs on the rear, so you could technically hook up a CD changer to it. However, it reads MP3 CDs, so it probably just makes more sense to burn complication discs full of mp3s. The other nice thing for digital playback is the SD slot, so you can play back music without any discs at all.

To answer your other question, it does have a front USB input for playback from a USB stick or iPod/iPhone.

Lastly, it’s not clear if it does automatic FM station scanning.

thanks… yep, burning a bunch of cds on 1cd could make sense, but I’d rather just jam a heap of cds in the machine and let 'em go! otherwise, I have to figure out burning a bunch of cds, and sit and wait on each cd to do such a thing.

Thank you for the USB info.

Hi Arin,
I am looking for a subwoofer to add to my home system. I am wondering which sub is going to be the best for a mix of music listening and movies. Thank you

A few months ago I built my entire home theater setup around Pinnacle speakers from Woot and I could not be happier. I bought the S-FIT TWR 1050 tower speakers, the S-FIT LCR 250 surrounds, the BD 300 Audiophile 5.25" center channel, and the PS Sub 225 12" subwoofer. I have a large living room and this setup fills the space with amazing sound. I’d say the subwoofer has to be the best deal. At $129, this thing positively shakes the room. The dial on the back goes from 1-9, and I leave it on about a 3.

These Pinnacle speakers are an insane deal.

I just bought the refurb VIZIO S4251w-B4C about a month ago, the last time it was on Woot, to pair with my 55" Sony. My OCD research showed it’s an EXCELLENT sound bar for the $$, and that proved to be the case. I connected my sound bar both to the cable box and the Blu-ray player. A bit more cumbersome than to the TV, but it makes for better sound.

I own the OnkyoTX-NR626. I bought it refurbished elsewhere, for more money. It is a spectacular unit and also offers a dedicated phone plug. My records can be played again. Well worth the money here.

I bought a home with Bose speakers in the ceiling that are in a few rooms. The previous homeowner left a cheap stereo for me but it’s underpowered. Are any of these good for pumping music through the house?

Right on! Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on that one myself; thinking I might do it now.

Hi, it can be confusing.

I will strongly recommend our POWERONE all in 1 top of the line 2.1 system. It is truly a remarkable music and movie system in 1 sleek cabinet. The TV itself will sit on top of the SOUNDBAR.

I will offer you on behalf of Pinnacle a no questions asked refund on this item if for any reason you are not completely satisfied. POWERONE HT 200 is 1 wire to the TV, 1 plug to the wall, and you are done with set up. Sit back and be amazed.

Save this post if you buy the item and for any reason, based on my recommendation here, you are not totally satisfed.

My email is info@pinnaclespeakers.com if you need me for personnal assistance.

ARIN

Hi and thanks for the question. The 2 best subs designed for both MUSIC and HOME THEATER are BABY BOOMER and SUPERSONIC. THey each will deleiver extremely accurate and deep chest pounding bass for music and movies. Based on your room size, and budget these 2 would be my recommendations.

Also, SUBSONIC is great for music too, especially if the room is 300 square feet or less and the main speakers use 3" or 4" woofers. Overall, if it were my money, I would take the SUPERSONIC and never look back on needing any other subwoofer, especially if the room is large. Absent that, grab the BABY BOOMER as an all around great performer WOOT event priced at a steal. You can also consider 2 BABY BOOMERS at these prices.

Thank you for your interest in our products,

ARIN

Hi Arin,

What is the difference between the Sfit 250s and the sfit 450s. I am thinking of a pair for rear channel or maybe 7.1 up-front ceilings but cant figure out the differences. Also, when i listen to music I like to do Multichannel so all speakers get some fun. Which would be better for music?

Hey Arin,

Ordered the subsonic last sale and couldn’t be happier. Just ordered the BD300 at your recommendation from the last sale and can’t wait until it arrives.

Had a question for you on the main channels. Last time you suggested the BD300 center and BD500 main’s. However last sale there wasn’t an option for the S-FIT TWR 1050. Would you be able to provide some analysis on the difference between getting two towers for main channels instead of a pair of the BD500’s? What would the pros/cons of each be for music and movies? Keeping in mind my theater room is on the small side and being paired with a subsonic and BD300.

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for the question. They are actually very different products, but appear similar.

SFITMON 450: This is a outstanding pair of compact shelf speakers and are FULL RANGE, that is they have significant bass on their own. We use a patented port design in the rear of the cbinet. So for MUSIC listening without question SFITMON 450 is the right choice.

SFITLCR 250: This uses dual 3" drivers and same tweeter as SFITMON 450, however it does not have the bass extension. It’s application is for front (with subwoofer) center, rear or side channel in a home theater system. They are not stand alone full range music speakers. (In an audiophile definition that is) Cause many many people would delight over the sound of SFITLCR 250 on their own. So my responses are from a sophisticated listener standpoint.

So, based on your set up, I think this is a great approach:

FRONT: 1 pair SFITMON 450
SIDE CHANNEL: 1 PAIR SFITLCR 250
REAR CHANNEL: 1 Pair SFITLCR 250
CENTER CHANNEL: BD 300
SUBWOOFER: BABY BOOMER or SUBSONIC depending on room size.

So, whatever positions (slots) you want to fill for your 7.1 system, the above are my recommendations. Also, SFITLCR 250 has a keyhole bracket built in designed for either vertical or horizontal wall hanging. They also hav e 1/4 20 T-NUT if you purchase an after market pivot type wall bracket.

Thanks for the questions and your interest in our superb products,

ARIN

Hi and thanks for being a Pinnacle customer.

In my view, the SFITTWR 1050 paired to the SUBSONIC you own (or BABY BOOMER) is about as perfect a match as you can get. IF you have the physical space, definately go for SFITTWR 1050. It has deeper bass extension than BD 500 and also a more detailed and refined midrange. BD 500 is absolutely astononishing, especially with any subwoofer, but since you bring up the TWR 1050, it has even more to offer. Often space is the issue, if it is not, for only $100 more on this WOOT EVENT PRICE> I would take the TWR 1050.