Home Theater!

It’s not, obviously. Sharp is only 95 on Amazon right now. And only 2.5 stars.

If sold out can be had for 109 w/ prime at… http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-HTS-1600-8-Outlet/dp/B000BVCSMG

Hello Arin,

Will PS Sub 225 work with 220 volts in Europe? Thanks.

Hi, It would need an adapter for 220V

ARIN

This television is about the same price, NEW at Best buy, so why buy a REFURB? Look around people, Woot used to be the best place for deals, but not anymore.

Hello Arin
I really do not think it has a headphone jack (the photos and text in the manual do not show or mention it). Did you find the answer over the weekend?

I called Pinnacle, they were very helpful, but the answer was “No headphone jack”

Hi David,

Thanks for knowing your stuff!
And thanks for considering our product.

ARIN

Hi Arin, Is the SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer better for movies or music? What makes a subwoofer better at one than the other? Room size is about 35’ x 25’. Thanks! Eric.

Hi and thanks for the question. The answer is not cut and dry, but here are my thoughts.

MUSIC: You typically want accuracy meaning to duplicate what is in the recording. Music accuracy is usually depth of bass and what is often referred to as tightness of bass. That is, when you hear the note it comes, it goes and the subwoofer is on to the next note. Tight as opposed to SLOPPY".

HOME THEATER: Demands of home theater are not that complicated. Loud and powerful and deep is typically going to do it. WHY? Most all movies are conversation. A few parts of most movies are action sequences with loud sound effects, rumbles, explosions. When these parts come on, the subwoofer needs to be ready to perform. But unlke music, where the subwoofer is working all the time, for movies it has a part some of the time. And so, doing a good job for movies we consider to be easier to acheive than doing a good job for music. As such, our design philosophy is to design our best subwoofers to A+ standards for music. The home theater needs are then a component of being great for music.

And so, to the original question, SUPERSONIC is best for music, which therefore means it is great for MOVIES. It does it all. Deep, loud and powerful tight bass. So, because it is so great on music and movies, it therefore is going to be great for Home theater.

In a large room like what you have (basically a 2-car garage)you will need the SUPERSONIC.

Finally, Sealed (non ported designs) generally are tighter on the bass and therefore considered better, in most cases, for music.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

ARIN

Arin, Thank you for the swift and detailed response. Given the size of my room is there a benefit to buying 2 of these subwoofers as is suggested by the THX people for a *.2 configuration (i.e. 7.2,9.2 etc). At 800 Watts is that overkill or does it add something better for movies? (Sounds like I’m in for at least one :slight_smile:

Hi,

Actually I was going to suggest 2 of them because your room is so large, and recommended if you have the budget for that. 800 Watts is a function of the type of design we are using,known technically as ISOBARIK, commonly as “push/PULL”. The design uses 2 high performance woofers back to back and this design approach requires a high powered amplifier. So, think of the 800 Watts (PEAK Rating) as necessary design function to get the most of the product.

So, no, 2 is not at all overkill, I think you will be absolutely in bass heaven.

Arin,
TEAM LEADER

Okay so my center speaker just died after years of service. Perfect time for an upgrade. A lot of people are saying I need to match the fronts with the centers but I’m not looking to buy new fronts. Already have the Pinnacle BD 500 and Polk Audio Monitor 5’s. Am I committing a 5.1 no no by mixing the brands? Considering one of the nice Polk Audio ones or even the BD 300 since it’s a nice price but does anyone know if it mixes well with my Monitor 5 speakers? Thanks in advance.

Hello Silent Chaos, that sounds very dangerous, I cannot help but chime in and state the obvious:

Our BD 300 is in fact the center channel designed to mate to BD 500. The tweeters are identical. I am unable to speak to the other brand compatibility, but the BD 300 is fairly neutral sounding and designed to work well with virtually any front channel that uses 3-6" drivers and dome type tweeters.

Thanks,

ARIN

sadly, i feel your pain. I used to check woot religiously several times a day, but now i go several days wootless quite often.

I am in the market for a new receiver for my movie room, and even potentially a new TV for my son’s playroom, but I feel like I have to sift through a ton of garbage to maybe, possibly, find a decent deal at woot before it is sold out. Then I am left with the non-deal items that no one else will buy, and will become the next woot off. And at the next woot off, I wont buy these items there either.

Amazon, back off and let Woot run their website again, thanks.

Hey Arin,

Thanks for the help. It sounds like I win either way with the BD 300. The polk audios are 6.5" drivers with dome tweeters. I might get the Series II BD 300 actually. Is there a difference from the first one?

They are substantially similar. When you factor in the WOOT absurd low event price, I would think this offer is the one to go with. Series ll are not discounted at any authorized dealers.

Has there ever been a stereo amplifier on woot? A good one, MRSP $1000-2000…

In the past I have purchased all Pinnacle home theater speakers from Woot, and they are awesome. I am very impressed with the sound, given that I have a huge living room. I bought the 225W Subwoofer, the 5.25" center channel, the 3-element LCR speakers for surround, and a pair of towers that aren’t in this sale. The 4-element ones are major upgrades actually to the ones I bought. But I am very happy with my purchase. The 225W Sub specifically just puts out tremendous amounts of bass.

I’m wondering if this system, Pinnacle Speaker FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System, requires a receiver to work. I’m looking for something for my bedroom and don’t want to buy another receiver. From the description it sounds like it isn’t required but just want to verify.