Honestech My-IPTV Anywhere Deluxe with VHS to DVD Software

Honestech http://www.honestech.com/main/default.asp

Still have never heard anything about the brand from other users. And this looks like far to many wires.

Just get a cheap pci tuner card all the same options and more.

Only Os is winXP sp2 ? sigh

Any possibility for multicast (multiple client PCs viewing the same content)?

Also, can a single PC host more than one IPTV Anywhere Deluxe for recording and/or remote viewing?

Good luck!

Jon

Maybe your firewall is doing it? All the images show fine here!

This product must be good. After all, it’s got “Honest” right there in its name! Would a company with “Honest” in its name steer us wrong or produce something that wasn’t of the highest quality and usefulness?

Will this work off a hi-def cable box?

Look here. If cable tv is really that important to you…just don’t leave your house.

A Slingbox operates without being connected to a PC. With this device you must connect it to a home PC that will host the device for remote viewing.

Good luck!

Jon

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128090/article.html

pc world review.
think i’ll stick to the slingbox i got from woot a few months back. gotta watch my hometown tv, no matter where i am.

You can use their software and then convert the vid file into whatever format using whatever software you wanted.[hypothetically]

I don’t think this product is really worth it for the price.

I’m going to have to pass on this one.
good night.

its vista too

More cumbersome than a slingbox - you have to connect to a computer. I’ll take the slingbox, even if it is more expensive.

Check you browser settings. Doubt it’s your router. lol

a) can this record FM radio?
b) is this compatible with open source PVR software?

hmmm. Like a Slinbox, but you have to have a computer running at home to run the signal through so you can watch it anywhere else in the world. I’ll stick with my Slingbox

I’m thinking it’s a DNS issue, but I’ve tried resetting my Windows DNS client and even restarting my server, but I keep coming up with host not found for s3-external-1.amazonaws.com.

WAIT a minute!

Can this be used to monitor what channel the TV is already on, so I can change the channel to Nickelodeon when my son is watching something he shouldnt?

OH that would ROCK! April Fools box! YES!

If you want the top dog for video conversion for Mac or PC… A hardware solution is best for @$200

ADVC300 - Advanced Digital Video Converter from Canopus

Professional-quality Bidirectional Analog/Digital Video Conversion!

The ADVC300 is the ultimate bidirectional analog to digital video converter unit for the video enthusiast. Featuring high-quality image enhancement technology including digital noise reduction and image stabilization using Line Time Base Correction (LTBC), ADVC300 instantly cleans, stabilizes and preserves old VHS and Hi8 videos in clean DV format. Supporting Windows® and Mac OS®, ADVC300 is compatible with all widely used video editing applications including Canopus EDIUS, Final Cut Pro®, Avid Xpress® DV and Adobe® Premiere® Pro.

ADVC300: Key Features
Connects to all widely used DV and analog video equipment
Converts VHS, S-VHS and Hi8 analog videotapes to DV and back in one simple step
Cleans and enhances analog video input, ideal for preserving aged videotape footage
Capable of capturing and exporting analog video from leading video editing and DVD authoring applications for Windows and Mac OS
Can be used as a stand-alone bidirectional analog / digital video converter without needing a computer
Component video output support, ideal for monitoring video with a broadcast video monitor
NTSC and PAL compatible

ADVC300: Specifications

Package Contents:
ADVC300 unit
AC Adapter
1 x FireWire cable (6-pin – 4-pin)
Picture Controller Application CD-ROM
User Manual
Note: A D1 Component cable is optionally available in some countries.

Technical Specifications:

Video Formats
NTSC: 720x480 @ 29.97fps
PAL/SECAM: 720x576 @ 25fps

Audio Formats
2-channel 48kHz 16-bit
2-channel 32kHz 12-bit (input for two channels only)

Digital Video Input/Output
1 x 4-pin FireWire
1 x 6-pin FireWire

Analog Video Input
1 x S-Video (4-pin miniDIN)
1 x composite (RCA)

Analog Video Output
1 x component (D1 D-Terminal connector)
1 x S-Video (4-pin miniDIN)
1 x composite (RCA)

Analog Audio Input (unbalanced)
1 x stereo (RCA)

Analog Audio Output (unbalanced)
1 x stereo (RCA)

Minimum System Requirements:

Note: A video capture card or OHCI FireWire connection is required to capture DV.

Windows PC
Windows® 2000 (requires Service Pack 3 or higher), Windows® XP Home or Windows® XP Professional (requires Service Pack 1 or higher)
DirectX 8.0 or higher

Mac
Mac OS X (10.2.7 or later)

Service and Support:
3-year limited warranty
Access to the Canopus Registered Users Web site at www.canopus.com when you register your product in an active Canopus User Account

ADVC300 - Advanced Digital Video Converter from Canopus

Woot!
System Requirements

USB 2.0 Connection
Operating system : Windows XP SP2

You will verify as a user of this unit ?

This is NO Slingbox. This has some serious connection concerns (Woot’s own description: “I run a line from my cable box to the My-IPTV tuner. Then I go from there into my home PC via a USB connection, and make sure that PC is connected to my broadband Internet.”). Slingbox goes into the network through direct ethernet connection. A PC is only needed to run the SlingPlayer (or Windows Mobile device if you’re so inclined!).

Slingbox also gives you the ability to control other devices (I have my Sony 400-DVD/CD Jukebox connected - try that for remote movie selection).

Be careful you don’t settle for a cheap imitation!

Firefox? The last update messed up all my computers with Vista. I cant stay logged in anywhere and no Firefox-saved passwords get displayed for login (Roboform works though) I’m guessing, haven’t had time to mess with it, just noticed today.