Honeywell Ceramic Heater with Remote

Hey, gotta give ;thumbsup: to the pod cast. Very funny.

Can someone who has this please provide the thermostat setting range?

Google “oil-filled radiator”… the oil gets warm/hot, and stays that way. They provide better heating, use FAR less energy, are difficult to get burned by, don’t start fires, and don’t blow fuses/breakers.

I’m a Minnesota native. I’ve tried them all. Oil-filled is the way to go.

That’s maybe the funniest description I’ve ever seen here.

I have one of these (a ceramic heater, not this particular model) and it does the best job of any portable heater I’ve ever used for warming a small playroom in my basement where the computer desk is. Rather than worry about overheating the carpet, I just put it on a square glass brick I got at the home-improvement megastore for $3. I don’t consider this price to be all that great, however.

I doubt it… I have something that is almost identical to this, I think they just changed the look a bit since I bought it a few years back (for I think $35-40 at Walmart). You might be able to get some no name brand for this price at Walgreens, but this is a quality heater.

… All that said, it’s a decent device, but don’t think you’re going to cheaply heat a room with it. It’s good for setting up near your computer desk if you get cold at work sometimes, etc. Set it like the thermostat so it kicks off and on when the right temp is reached.

Pretty good buy, but no thanks Woot!, I’ve got one.

I’d give this a 6 on the lame scale (1=not lame, 10=totally lame). Would be an 9.3 if it was a summer woot

We have this unit and it works great. The lil guy packs a punch.

Living in LA, it was super cold couple of weeks ago…i mean like mid to low 40s at night…I know…that’s like freezing…right? (I’m being sarcastic, so you ppl who live in -150 degree temps, don’t reply)

We didn’t want to turn on the central heater, we just wanted to warm up the bedroom a few degrees. After 30 mins the room was nice and confy. One night we left the unit on for a while and the room got way too hot (gf lost the remote…so I had to get up and turn it off :frowning:

So we highly recommend it.

PERFECT! i need a heater for my cubicle… and my room! i’m down for two. woot. you’ve always been my favorite child.

Only one review on Amazon - 2 stars (44695 + S&H - MARKETPLACE New for $29.95 + $8.95 S&H

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HZ341BL-Ceramic-Heater-Remote/dp/B000NU0TNK

A Honeywell specialty store does not have this model (others very close though) but only has 3 year warranty listed for them.

http://www.honeywellcentral.com/heaters.shtml?srcad=honeywell-ceramic-heater

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896113131

It is $35 + $11 shipping at Newegg…

yay fires!!!
another toy for me to start a fire? nahh ill stick to a lighter.

Have you seen the price of OIL? Can’t afford an oil filled heater or an oil burning heater. Ceramic works very well.

check it out here

http://shopping.msn.com/results/shp/?text=HZ341BL+Ceramic+Heater,scId=22

1500W, 120 VAC

Watts = Volts times Amps…so…

1500W/120VAC= 12.5 amps.

Be wary when plugging these in to overused circuits! Note this draw would be a little different, as most homes dont see a full 120. Please dont use an extension cord. Please dont ever use this off a power strip. You could D.I.A.F.

better than the heating unit sold on woot a while back that was meant for vehicles mounted on your dashboard. Only way to power that was a car charger. Not as practical as this since home use is more useful. To be fair, if you turn on your car to power the radio and windows, but not the engine, the car ceramic heating unit would hafve its use

I Have a different model of this heater and I love it. It will heat up my bedroom 20-30 degrees in 10-15 minutes. Im in for 1 (maybe 2)

FWIW, all electric heaters have the same efficiency. That includes in-wall, baseboard, space heaters, even whole-house electric heat systems. Why? Because the only losses are due to heat. That’s fine, it’s a heater.

If you compare it to gas or steam heat, that’s a different story.

I guess it could be argued this doesn’t include radiant heaters, since they don’t actually heat the space. And it definitely doesn’t include heat pumps.

Still using one of those old oil space heater, this will be a nice upgrade.

TWG

If it’s anything like the model I have (which is virtually identical, but just a couple years old and looks very slightly different) it is surprising how much of a NON-fire hazard it is. It’s weird, but it really doesn’t get that hot. I mean, it’s nothing you should leave unattended just to be safe, but it’s nothing like the old school crap you’re thinking of.