Honeywell HEPAClean™ 3-in-1 Tower Air Purifier

**Item: **Honeywell HEPAClean? 3-in-1 Tower Air Purifier
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Honeywell HEPAClean? 3-in-1 Tower Air Purifier)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Honeywell HEPAClean? 3-in-1 Tower Air Purifier)

It’s back! Isn’t this the one that wasn’t “true” HEPA?

HEPAClean and HEPA-Type are not HEPA. Know that before you spend your money on this. You’re not buying a HEPA filter.

This post brought to you by cheese food and orange drink.

Here is some discussion from a previous sale

Good Review from Amazon
Home Depot reviews

Solid reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

Need some filters? Honeywell has you covered.

American marketers are some of the biggest horse-pucky people in the world.

These are the folks that pulled the chocolate essential oils out of cheap chocolate, replaced it with vegetable oil and now called the product “chocolately.”

I guess we need more truthiness.

Really?!? I was totally fooled :frowning:

Purchased one on the last go-around, seems to be a decent machine. Couple things to note, the air output doesnt come out in the direction the fan is facing. It blows out a small square in the front (you can see it in the picture behind the grill) at about a 45 degree angle. So if you’re standing directly in front of the fan you feel nothing you have to be 2 steps to the left. Other than that quirkiness, its a good product.

I have 2 of the same units. I give them 5 out of 10 because I am still have the towers in service. As the filters fill with dust etc., air to the fans is redirected through other crevasses on the case. (Between joints and fittings) bypassing the filters.
Every 2 weeks I have to take the filters outside and blow the units out with compressed air. The fans / squirrel cages are always caked with dust.

will this model kill mold?

Was that sarcasm? 'Cause it takes a .3 micron HEPA filter or a 2 micron RealTrueHEPAClean™ filter. No points for guessing which of the two was in the box we got from moofi – but on the other hand, not everyone actually needs the .3 micron one.

There’s also a carbon-zeolite wahsable prefilter: what we got is a piece of porous packing foam “replace every 3 months” with 2 spares – that, I expect, isn’t it.

Plus the stink of the black Revolutionary Plastic Proudly Produced By People’s Factory Number 3,876,491 From Re-educated Dissidents.

Leave it on with the windows open and go to work. The stink will be almost gone by the time you come back home. The filters are $10 - $30 from Honeywell, and they’re all replaceable. As is the UV bulb. This unit also has an ionizer, and is quieter then any of our fans on the low settings.

Overall, you can buy a $50 unit with 3 micron filter and 3 noise settings from loud to unbearable, or you can double that for this one.

So this wont act also as a room fan?