Honorary Space Cadet

When the derby is over…where do the other 4 shirts every week come from? This shirt is whack.

I just don’t get it. I used to be a frequent woot shopper with at least several purchases per month. I got turned off by the poor B’0’C management so I quit shopping here for a long time. Then I started checking in about once every week or so, usually when I shut down the PC on the weekend. I see the new t-shirt site and I have checked it often but 99% of these designs are pure crap. Most of the themes or jokes are very poor if they can even be recognized by anyone, and the art is always very cheap like you would expect to see on a free tattoo which is included in a cereal box. In all this time I only found one shirt that I wanted: the sheep which said “don’t follow me…” and I got one of those, only to find out that the design quickly fades after just 2-3 washings so it is apparently a low quality printing process too. I will now return to my previous boycot status and check woot less often. The good ole’ days are long gone, nothing left here but suckers.

Actually, “Chomp” is what they used when they printed a 4th place design. I know it’s happened at least once, not sure if it’s happened more than that. What were the circumstances behind that print? I’m just curious. :slight_smile:

Boooo. This shirt’s almost as bad as “accordion to plan”. Stick to the derbies.

Huh. When I saw the title, I wanted to like this. After seeing it, I just can’t. I’m a fan of the <i>Ren and Stimpy</i> show, and this does have that feel, but he’s just a bit TOOOO creepy to buy and wear.

Color me disappointed. I was all set, excited, with credit card in hand to buy “Pica Republic” tonight. I was also set to forward the link to every publishing person I know, and trust me – that’s a LOT of people. [sniffle]]

eHalcyon, if you manage to get it printed, either here or elsewhere, let us know, eh? I don’t think I’ll stay up for WootTime the rest of the week. This was the first Derby I participated in, and I have to say – I’m disappointed. [sniffle]

sorry for the mis-information… im kinda new here. just bummed at what seems like my favorite shirt from each derby being the unfortunate 4th place…

Hey! Shirt.woot! If "Pica Republic makes “Chomp,” count on me to bite.

Maybe I will stay up for WOOT!time after all.

ha… doesn’t work for me since im not white… like the guy in the shirt… so thats kinda weird.

makes me laugh every time i see it.

Another one that’s a no-go for me.

It’s ironic that after I found and started watching this site, the shirt designs began to go downhill. I’m now wishing that I had bought more shirts from a while ago that I thought were “good, but not great,” because these are just “not great.”

Hm. Nice designs, though maybe not necessarily for a shirt.

Wasn’t that when there was a tie and you got 2 shirts for $10? I don’t recall the “chomp” at all (I honestly didn’t pay any attention)… but I think that’s the only times a 4th place got printed.

Upon first glance, I didn’t care for it but then I gave it another chance after reading comments and I actually like the artwork. Like someone else mentioned it does appear Ren & Stimpy-esque…only less exaggerated. I like how the space cadet has a retro looking helmet on with that goofy look…it makes me crack up. So kudos to the artist.

No no, that’s not what I meant. My design almost definitely isn’t getting printed here. I’m just saying that 4th place designs have been printed before, at least once, and I don’t think it was because of a tie.

As I understand it, when shirts tied they were both given the same ranking. So in the line art derby (if I remember what I read correctly), there was a first place winner, two second place winners and two third place winners. Looking at that derby page now, the two third placers were actually only one vote away from the second placers. Man, there could have been a four-way tie!

Anyway, the fourth place print I’m talking about is Urban Ice from the winter derby. Not sure if there have been others.

Ah, yes… back when wearable designs were printed. :wink:

Instead of calling them ‘Chomps’ they just went with ‘Printer’s Choice’ which they did after the Do-Over Derby. Because they did 1st, 2nd, and 3rd… then if they wanted to add it, they called it ‘Printer’s Choice’.

I see… I just called it “chomp” because that’s the text on the “Surprise!” 4th place badge. :tongue:

Were there other 4th placers printed then? And was reason ever given for it? Reading through the comments on Urban Ice, I get the impression that wooters were upset because two white tees/two tree designs placed in the Winter derby?

Uhm…his face scares me…'nuff said.

Oh and how do you know when you can purchase the 4th place derby winner?

props for the Space Oddity reference, but definably not me

Editor’s Choice Week: 2007 included the following:
Comparative Diagram: Size by JamesCho84
I’ve Heard of the 70’s by Damiendone
A Hound’s Tooth by Cheesesandwich
Eating Healthy by TGentry

If you’re talking about the derby just past, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be printed on woot. If you’d like, I can add you to my list of people to contact in the event that I set up a store somewhere. The design itself won’t be available for two months.

I think the editor’s choice prints are different from that 4th place print. I hope they do another week like that after the next do-over though!