1 2008 Estate Cabernet Franc
CT links above

Previous offer:
3/22/2010

Winery website

Hook & Ladder on Twitter
Hook & Ladder on Facebook
Hook & Ladder on Yelp

I don’t know about the other two, but my wife gives the Cab Sauv a rave review. According to unVined, I have an 80% chance of liking the Pinot.

A Pinot for cortot20 and a Cab Franc for gcdyersb. We’ve seen these cats before, but I don’t remember anything about the discussion. I did not order.

Previous winery appearance. (Note: these are three completely different wines.)

…so not really a “previous offer” then. :smiley:

This is just the thing to heat my cellar up.

They look like a good steak drinking wine.

Edited for the picky… :slight_smile:

Those look like huge harvest windows for what are relatively small-production wines (20 days for the Cab Franc!). What’s the thinking there - trying to get the best of both worlds with good concentration but contained alcohol? Or were they just too busy off fighting fires to do it all at the same time?

I visited this winery over the summer after purchasing their last wine.woot.com offering. Great tasting room - friendly staff.

I tasted these wines during my visit. I don’t remember the specifics (and a quick disclaimer - this was my last winery of the day), but every “3rd alarm” wine we tasted was nothing short of excellent.

I’m in for a set and excited for my next visit up to the H&L.

Don’t see these on their website. Where is the pope hat? Shouldn’t this be a Woot Launch?

Hey I was looking for a pinot.
I wasn’t looking for either cab though.

Maybe a little research will convince me otherwise.

Sounds good and the bottle is pretty too ( which is a very important factor in a wine purchase)! In for a set.

Liking the acid levels on the Cab S and Cab F. 7.3 and 7.5 g/L respectively! Those are some Iron Horse numbers right there. I’d expect these wines to be fresh if not mouthwatering, not fat and ponderous like a Napa Cab typically would be in this price range.

On concern is these are probably relatively freshly bottled. I like white wines generally at two years from vintage, but small production reds seem to come together at 3 to 5 even if not built to age.

My 3 favorite wines all together in one package and no Virginia!!! I was so excited and am now destroyed.

Find a “wootlegger” in DC if your close or North Carolina if you’re down that way…

Have you had Kent’s Cab Franc? I have fallen head over heels for that, and wonder if this will stand up to it. Will probably hit ridiculously large button before the day is done.

Edit: hit the RLB for one.

Seems like a limited state shipping list. Wish Connecticut was included, though it’s probably better that it’s not!

So far most everyone likes the Cabernet Sauvignon? Off to do research on the Pinot.

Well folks, I’d love to provide you with a spreadsheet of value, but I can’t even guess at what the Cab Sauv and Cab Franc prices would be since there doesn’t appear to be any prior vintages of these at the winery website.

Perhaps the winemaker could chime in as to how much these two are selling for at the winery?

Then I can get the magic spreadsheet going :slight_smile: