Hoover Vacuum- Your Choice!

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/287eb3a7-64e3-4b8c-a7a2-aa31f8cd9639.jpg

Hoover Vacuum- Your Choice!
Price: $59.99 - 69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Apr 22 to Thursday, Apr 23) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Hoover Vacuum- Your Choice!) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Hoover Vacuum- Your Choice!) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Hoover - Google Shopping Vacuum- Your Choice!)

Check out the product page for the Elite XI

A friend of mine has some iteration of the WindTunnel 3 Pro (probably not the same model), and the main thing that stuck out for me was the convenience of the cord winder. More vacuums need to do this.

I got one of the wind tunnel variant for the SO a while ago and she never use it. I ask her why and she said it was too heavy. I thought when did the weight of a vacuum became an issue, that is until I actually used to vacuum a whole room (instead of just testing it). That weight really get to one’s arm after a while. Quickly pulling it back and forth, you feel like it will eventually pull your arm out of its socket. I don’t know how people with those 100LB kirby vacs can praise it, unless they vacuum at a snails pace.

I have the simpler Windtunnel T-series rewind, which is the top-rated bagless over at Consumer Report. It is also priced well. I’ve been happy with it, except no off/on switch for the brush. CR states the Windtunnel 3 is about 2 lbs heavier than the t series (18 versus 20 lbs), says it is noisier and has emissions problem. Yet like the T series, it does a good job on pet hair, and does have an on/off button for the beater brush. The best feature is the rewind on the cord. However as the cord isn’t too long, you might want to use an extension.

Be prepared for the worst conditioned vacuum.
I purchased one of these vacuums from woot with one of their last sales. The thing still had dirt in the canister. The smell of it came from a smokers house. Scuff marks all over the vacuum . The emblem for the manufacturer was broke in half and pulling off. Hair in the tumblers . A long time ago woot was a good company. Now they have the worst customer relations. I don’t even want to get into the crazy watch debacle going on with them. In short buyer beware. Your vacuum will look as if it were purchased from a garage sale.

Quick heads up to dads and sons who might think a vacuum is a great gift for the woman in your life: DON’T.

Housework items are not gifts on Mother’s Day, they’re insults. If you want to get your wife/gf/mom a nice vacuum because she needs one, that’s fine, but it can never be a Mother’s Day gift. Period. Or birthday, or Christmas.

TL/DR: NEVER gift any woman housework. Great rule of thumb. Might even save your life.

Serious question: Can you get the Turbo Tool separately?

In my current apartment, it would make my life a lot easier if I had that attachment for certain pieces of furniture rather than getting another smaller vacuum.

EDIT: Also, what happened to Woot posting the model numbers?

I can Confirm also they are really dirty and beat up. I bought one last time to. They also didnt put all the attachments in the box. When i called Hover they said a reburb model doesnt come with attachments. But the guy was in a good mood so he did me a favor and sent them to me anyway.

Hoover goes by product names more than model numbers.

The turbo tool is listed on the page for

Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro

Don’t see it on the page for the Elite but you might contact Hoover to see if it would fit.

I keep thinking about dipping my toe into watch buying. Something I should know about?

OK, that is not always true of us females. I live on 10 acres on the side of a mountain. Right after we moved here, my husband bought me a beautiful necklace for our anniversary. I have never had a really nice piece of jewelry, not even my wedding ring. But for the $1000 he spent on this, I made him return it so that I could get a good piece of outdoor equipment. It went towards getting me a tractor, which over the 12 years we have lived here has been my salvation. Since then he has learned, do not buy me flowers or jewelry, buy me a new chainsaw or a good woodchipper, any heavy duty gas operated machinery that will make life on this rocky mountainside easier for me since I am the “lumber-jill” who maintains the woods and landscaping. Sooooo, just sayin’!

Now I’m on the fence. It sounds like they just make sure it’s mechanically sound, but not fully refurbished like it should be. A bit disappointing actually.

Nothing against yardwork and gardening, I have gifted the wife a John Deere Gator in the past, but if I gave her a vacuum, pots & pans, etc., she’d probably separate me from my daddy bits (I let her buy herself a Kirby and have been very happy ever since). The one thing I did buy her, as a gift, was a cordless hand vac. Not for her to use, but for the kids and me to help with the animal fur. That was the gift more so than the actual device, and I still got a stink-eyed look from her until I explained it.

I’ve bought two vacuums (one the Bissell version of this vac) and a carpet cleaner all as refurbs from W00t and they were in great shape (like new) when I got them. Right down to the power cords looking brand new.

The space heater I bought (and returned) on the other hand looked like it had been tossed down a flight of stairs and then shoved in the box (surprise: it was non-functional).

So I think it may depend on the product and who is doing the “re-certification”.

Kirbys are self-propelled. Kirby weight isn’t a problem when vacuuming. Now, hauling a Kirby up and down the stairs is a whole different story.