Horisun Polarized Safety Eyewear - Your Choice

I decided to order a pair. I should have ordered sooner, because just as I was getting my shopping cart set straight, the ones I wanted sold out and several others I like were sold out, also. Oh well, maybe I need to order one of the procrastination t-shirts, as well.

I was wondering the same thing.

The Horisun website has separate sections for Safety and Polarized eyewear.

Woot is portraying these as safety glasses which the manufacturer doesn’t do.

Thank you, Woot, for pulling these glasses.

I had no intentions of using these as safety glasses, but it was a nice surprise when I received an email from Woot.

Dearest Do-It-Yourselfer,

It’s all fun and games until someone loses a(n) INSERT AFFECTED BODY PART HERE. In this case, we would insert EYE. The reason being is, those safety glasses we sold you don’t actually qualify as “safety” glasses. It’s all a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo about ANSI certifications and whatnot. But the key takeaway here is, you should definitely not wear them while operating your wood chipper or table saw, or during any other project where debris might be flying at your face.

Despite our oft-lighthearted tone, we are genuinely concerned for your safety, and also very sorry for the mistake. If you’d like to keep the not-up-to-safety-standards-albeit-really-cool-looking glasses, do nothing and we’ll refund you $5 per pair of glasses for your trouble. Otherwise, you can refuse delivery or return the glasses for a full refund. Contact support@woot.com for a return tag by Tuesday, September 10, or for any other questions you may have.

With Love,

Woot Tools & Garden

I got the black/platinum one and it’s slightly flexible, so it fits my HUGE head just fine.

Junk. Definitely not safety eyewear, by any definition. Had them out of the package for less than 5 minutes before breakage occured. I’m sure that had I been wearing them for safety purposes, I’d be safer without them.

sorry to hear that.
we did send a mass email about these glasses, so be sure to check your inbox and SPAM folder for details about this item. let us know if you didn’t receive a message.

apologies again for the inconvenience.

I got mine yesterday and couldn’t be happier. Not really concerned that they aren’t safety glasses, since I usually just wear them when I’m driving in the sunny Southern California weather. They fit my biggish head perfectly, too, better than the pair I bought just last month for $20. Glad I took a chance on two, these are now my everyday sunglasses.

I’m also extremely happy with my pair. I got the green 603s and I wish I would have bought two pairs, especially for the price. They are so light weight, I forget I have them on.

Hey Woot, if you want to forward any of the returned blue, green, or black 603s and 314s my way, feel free.