House of Marley Earbuds w/Mic+Controller

I am very disappointed. You are selling Marley Earbuds, just days before Christmas, and the write up does not have a cross-over Jacob Marley/Ebenezer Scrooge reference, just some silly reggae reference. I am shocked. I don’t know. Maybe this portends the end of the world.

Although I agree with your point , you also have to admit that specs can be deceiving. Just because something can reproduce sound from 5Hz to 30KHz doesn’t mean that it can do it well. Something rated 40Hz to 16KHz may sound a whole lot better. And then you have to throw in the whole subjectivity of what sounds good- some people like things that are flat across the whole range while other people like some extra punch in bass and sizzle on highs.

PS. I like your comment “Of course, they’ve got good bass; what we’re all wondering is: What are the highs like”
you beat me to it.

I don’t worry that Woot missed Jacob Marley - I’m dissappointed that they missed out on the chance to go 3 different ways… with a single write-up.

With some Marley “Ear Buds, what’s your problem?” Put them in your ears with Mister Hand! The buds are so good: Aloha Mister Hand.

Just put these buds in your ear and play side one of Led Zeppelin IV… that will make things better, and like Bob said, "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren’t taking a day off. How can I?

Well, you CAN take a day off if you dont want to be a Scrooge… you know, like Jacob Marley? With some Marley ear buds!

Whats your problem…

Wear these to work and see if that random drug testing program is really random after all.

Did the Woot! buyers decide to load up on these after my question on deals.woot a few weeks ago?

I was looking at buying some House of Marley headphones for my daughter a few weeks back. After reading a lot of reviews, it seems that they’re pretty decent for the price. I went with a different brand, but was very close to pulling the trigger on the Marley headphones.

The deciding factor was colors. Most of the Marley brand seem to have Rasta coloring going on. My kid would prefer something more girly.

Don’t you look at me so smug
And say I’m going bad.
Who are you to judge me
And the life that I live?
I know that I’m not perfect
And that I don’t claim to be.
So before you point your fingers,
Be sure your hands are clean.

Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you’re not ready for judgement. Woah oh oh!

The road of life is rocky
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me,
Someone else is judging you.

Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you’re not ready for judgement. Woah oh oh!

The road of life is rocky
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me
Someone else is judging you,
Someone else is judging you.
(fadeout)

Just to own a small piece of that is worth it. (There is a Christmas connection here also.)

Any comments on the quality of the mic? I bought the Maximo buds with mic on Woot not too long ago, and they’re unusable on a call–no one can hear me. Reluctant to go with these if the same thing will happen.

anyone know when they will be shipped/arrival date?

I just wanted to point out that the Sun model does not have a three-button remote. Clearly visible in the photos.

Just have to say: Props on the “Redemption Song” re-work!!

The 15Hz-20kHz doesn’t mean anything, since the dB variation across that range is not stated. A meaningful frequency response would look something like 20Hz-20kHz +/-3dB, but for all we know these could be 20dB down at any stated frequency.

I’m not exactly sure what people are expecting from these, given the price point and the fact that most of that money is paying for the Marley name. For the same price, Woot frequently offers the Klipsch Image S3. Those are possibly the best earphones out there in this price range. Most importantly, they actually sound quite good compared to some of the more expensive earphones, which is more than can be said about the bulk of cheap earphones.

they sound great and work as expected with the iphone 4, but my only complaint is the wooden variety are FRAGILE. My son broke the wooden cases by simply dropping them on the floor… :frowning:

I’ll re-order but this time will choose the aluminum body variety.

You said it.