How did you discover Woot! and what was your first Woot! purchase?

I discovered Woot! after I began searching online for graphic tees. Unhappy with my local selection and looking for more “unique” offerings, I stumbled upon Woot! and began buying shirts.

My first purchase was a Ninja Turtles shirt. I thought it so clever that Leonardo was painting the Vetruvian Turtle that I just had to have the shirt.

I have since bought many o shirts from Woot! over the years amongst other things!

My join date says September of 2006, but perhaps that is when I created my Amazon account? Or maybe I joined Woot! back then and forgot about it until 2013? haha… the mystery remains…

Within the last couple years, my activity on Woot! has increased, with the last year being the most Wooting! I have ever done.

“TT” and the staff at Woot! make it fun to come to the website and I always enjoy the deals, interactions, and overall experience I have on Woot!

There are a few regulars on the forums that I have come to recognize, and it is fun interacting with you all!

Thanks for helping to liven up my work days (and sometimes non work days!)

6 Likes

Some time in 2009, my mum told me about some guy she encountered who was talking about a BOC he purchased wherein he got a bunch of jumbo universal remote controls. I thought, “Cool story, bro. That sounds friggin’ awesome, mommy. I guess I gotta check that shiz out.”
First purchase was this:

$5.99 plus shipping.

2 Likes

Nice! That is a great purchase. It just so happens that I asked my “secret santa” for an emergency car kit for Christmas back in December, which I got (however mine isn’t nearly as good as the one you got.)

If I ever see that kit again for sale on woot, I will probably scoop it up!

1 Like

I purchased it as an xmas gift for a brother-in-law. Most of my first purchases in 2009 were crappy gifts. The first shirt I bought for myself was this one: Sore Thumbs - Redux
I was a size smaller then! … :frowning:

Also bought 3 of these for $1.99 each

That guy must’ve really talked them up.

2 Likes
1 Like

This is a fun idea. Thanks for starting it, @Standontoilet!

My first purchase:

Purchase date is also my join date. My Woot account is a teenager! One of my college buddies got me into Woot.

Bought it for my father who has since passed. This was pretty legit for 2006 to have a portable video player. He like to watch his foreign films that he pirated from the internet and ripped from DVD’s he borrowed from friends/family. I think I still have it somewhere in storage. Specs on this are laughable by current standards but he loved this thing.

My number of Woots is inflated given the number of shirts I have ordered through the years. At one point in time my parents thought I had subscribed to a shirt club I was getting them so often… But with the advent of the all designs catalog there is no longer the urgency to get that one day sale shirt for $10. I’m still mad at myself for not getting the launch day shirt. It was the Woot rocket on a white tee. I don’t like white tee’s because I’m a sweater and stains are the worst.

Added fun fact: I didn’t score my first BOC until 4/1/2010. I had attempted and nearly got one in 2009 but it was denied (not sure why, probably a bad card).

3 Likes

Dang. That thing is pretty cool. I can see why it was so expensive.

3 Likes

Y’all are hiding yer order numbers, I wonder why? I guess I will too.

6 Likes

How did those Leakfrog alarms work out for you?

I only hid my order number because I am not 100% sure on if that can be tracked/traced? I would imagine nothing nefarious can be done with someone’s order number but I was just being safe since I didn’t know!

1 Like

Oh, I like them! One worked most recently when I had a guy putting in a new disposal in one of my rentals. He didn’t quite have everything tightened up and it sounded off for him before he left. So, they’re cute and functional.

I’ve bought some generic water alarms too, but they aren’t nearly as charming.

4 Likes

don’t remember how i got here. (i think Woot intends for that to happen…)

Aug 2008.
1st woot:

most of my woots have been shirtwoot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I discovered Woot when I slipped on a banana peel and butt-entered Woot accidentally on my computer keyboard.
I stared at this amazing wonderful fabulous groovy website and bought:

I think I may still have one of them. Maybe not.
I know one melted with bad batteries a long time ago.
Woots: 115 - Join Date: January , 2011

7 Likes

I don’t know exactly how I got here either. I’m sure I was surfing the net at work, breaking the rules. On Sept 1, 2009, I couldn’t resist those jumbo remotes!

Got my first Leak Frogs in 2013. Looks like I didn’t score a BOC until 2014.

7 Likes

I am pretty sure my best friend mentioned woot, and this was the first thing I bought. most of my woots are tees, too. I would buy more tees but my closet is already 90% tees. and there were A LOT of krampus eggs.

first b0c 2014

7 Likes

Oh, we’re doing 1st BOCs too?
First BOC, “A Hidden Trove Of Crap” on Jul 11, 2014

htoc

As I recall, this was a fun adventure!

7 Likes

Here’s the first “maybe Crap” I ever got. It took years to get my first crap!
I don’t remember what was in it, maybe animal stuff?

Order Date: Mar 27, 2014
Order Number: XXXXXXX - $8.70
Shipped with Standard delivery speed (3-8 business days)

3fe57e49e2bd48458e8f1c435fce14bd Sold by Woot
Condition: Crappy Quantity - 1 @ $3.00

And the first BOC-

Order Date: Dec 1, 2014
Order Number: XXXXXXX - $8.70 - Shipped
Shipped with Standard delivery speed (3-8 business days)

A Song of Crap & Bags Sold by Woot
Condition: Crappy Quantity - 1 @ $3.00

I also counted my BOC’s. 38? Maybe I should STOP.

6 Likes

I guess I was lucky that my first Woot and my first bag of crap were in the same month. I have no idea how I found Woot, and I sure as heck don’t know why I’m still here. :smiley:

7 Likes

Creme, actually. And no, I don’t have that one either.

I’m not bothering to look up what my first Woot was, but it wasn’t a catshirt. Or any shirt at all. I actually didn’t pay attention to shirt.woot until later.

Since then, most of my current 900+ orders were from shirt. Actual count now … don’t ask.

6 Likes

First BOC: 02/25/2010

4 Likes

I wish I knew how to take a snap shot of sections of the screen like that…

4 Likes