How do you like your steak?

Dry aged medium-rare seared in a cast iron skillet with salt & pepper, basted with butter & herbs. The kittehs agree… :black_cat: :black_cat:

3 Likes

EXACTLY!
Never going back to hoping I got the temp and timing right on the grill.
Put your sealed meat in the sous vide bath and go back and have fun with your family and guests, while the meat comes to the perfect doneness. Then, when you’re ready to eat, give’em a quick sear and serve!

3 Likes

No kidding they aint…golden years…pfffhtt…and we aint sissies 4 dang sure…growing old takes strength of character, courage, learning new things, facing remarkable challenges…yeah, not 4 sissies 4 sure!

3 Likes

More steak

3 Likes

If it was cooked right it wouldn’t be well done

2 Likes

I don’t do the cooking but MSO likes to sous vide (still pink) and sear!

3 Likes

Ribeye, seasoned generously with Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, Desert Gardens Habanero seasoning and a blend from a brand I will not bother to advertise.

I love the spices but the owner is insane trying push things on customers they don’t want or need. And the hate filled emails about things that had nothing to do with cooking or spices, really pissed me off.
Here’s the pics of the jar’s ingredients:

Vacuum seal or at least make it air free and water tight, so that it can be cooked sous-vide at a temp of 132F for Four hours. After that, drain and pat dry. Cook on a grill for a minute on each side to sear. No need to rest; it’s already cooked to the perfect temperature.

2 Likes

Ha! P2yS! I know, I don’t care for their ultra left wing rantings either, but they do have great spices!

2 Likes

Yeah, supposedly the Spice House has similar stuff and even though they are related to crazy Bill, they don’t feel the need to force their beliefs on their customers. What a novel approach to running a profitable business.

2 Likes

I have perused the Spice House website, but never purchased from them. I’ve been buying from crazy Bill for so many years, I know what I’m getting, and I take the insanity with a grain of salt! :salt: :grin:

2 Likes

I dig, best bet is to get the gift cards at $35 for $50 and do the damage that way. Still sucks to support him but he has employees that need to make a living, be nice if he thought of them before alienating half his customers.

1 Like

I like your strategy, I think I will start employing that tactic as well! Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Otto Wilde? It’s still made, ships from Florida. There are less expensive infrared grills on Amazon of course.

2 Likes

Now you just reminded me of a great sketch.

3 Likes

Meet The Robinsons Pain GIF

3 Likes

steak madagascar GIF

2 Likes