How does the top 100 work? Have I offended someone?

Not a big deal, but when I look at the top 100 sellers in shirts, my “The Pharaoh’s Judgement” does not show up anywhere on the list. It has sold close to 90 shirts in the past few days. Not really a big deal, but I was just trying trying to figure out how this works.

Hey, KG, to help us better understand how to answer, where are you looking on the site?

When I look at a shirt, the bottom of the page shows “best sellers” in shirts and then you can click for more up to the top 100. I understand that shirts currently up or in the top 20 don’t seem to show up there, but my EC (Wonder’s of the World) Pharaoh shirt sold 100+ last week and never showed up in the top 100 even though most of the other shirts from that sale showed up even though some of them were only selling a handful of shirts. It is not really that important, but I was just curious as to why that might occur. That sale has ended so there is nothing to really look at now anyway. I assume it is just some sort of coding error or oddity.

Also curious about the algorithm, because some time ago (okay, a long time ago) my t-shirt sold 100+ in few days and was not on the list, but some 10+ selling t-shirts were.

As for me it looks like algorithm uses let’s say “accelerating speed of selling”. So 10 t-shirts sold during one hour is better than 100 t-shirts during one day (because it would be just a little bit more than 4 t-shirts per hour).

Can we please get some more info about algorithm?

Don’t look at me. The reckoning wasn’t figured out until an anonymous individual reached out to me.

Sweet! Today I learned something new) Thanks, Narfcake!

Hey, KG, to help us better understand how to answer, where are you looking on the site?

When I look at a shirt, the bottom of the page shows “best sellers” in shirts and then you can click for more up to the top 100. I understand that shirts currently up or in the top 20 don’t seem to show up there, but my EC (Wonder’s of the World) Pharaoh shirt sold 100+ last week and never showed up in the top 100 even though most of the other shirts from that sale showed up even though some of them were only selling a handful of shirts. It is not really that important, but I was just curious as to why that might occur. That sale has ended so there is nothing to really look at now anyway. I assume it is just some sort of coding error or oddity.

Also curious about the algorithm, because some time ago (okay, a long time ago) my t-shirt sold 100+ in few days and was not on the list, but some 10+ selling t-shirts were.

As for me it looks like algorithm uses let’s say “accelerating speed of selling”. So 10 t-shirts sold during one hour is better than 100 t-shirts during one day (because it would be just a little bit more than 4 t-shirts per hour).

Can we please get some more info about algorithm?

Don’t look at me. The reckoning wasn’t figured out until an anonymous individual reached out to me.

Sweet! Today I learned something new) Thanks, Narfcake!

Ok, so it’s not so much of an ‘algorithm’ as it is a rythm…not buying that? What about this: that is a collection of items that are featured in our plus events and the daily for any given day.

The canvases and hammocks are not on the Shirt best sellers because they are on the home and sports best sellers page.

It was a new thingamajigger we launched to make it easiermajigger for customers to find the stuffamajiggers we have on point for the day.

Too many jiggers?

Not enough.
https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4125383

Well, my original question was about the pretty insignificant 100 best selling that shows up at the bottom of the page when you look at a shirt. The top twenty seems to be a really poor way of averaging sales over 4 weeks that puts zeros in for upcoming days. New shirts never move down as the week goes on. The (bigger) question is why a shirt that is not a daily has no chance to be included in the top twenty even if it is one of the top sellers of the week. Is would seem that one of the few benefits of being purchased by Amazon would be access to programmers that could fix this kind of stuff.

Well, sorry to hear you think it’s insignificant. The bestsellers was introduced earlier this year. The top 20 is a rewrite of what old timers will remember as the reckoning. If you think about it, the best selling designs are generally the dailies. The top 20 is a self-contained ecosystem. We agree that it could use some ‘construction’ and appreciate the feedback.

We do have super-talented developers at Amazon, but they are working on a zillion and half other items for Amazon. Trust me, our developers at Woot are top notch. Just keep your eyes peeled and you just might see a thing or two change 'round here. How do you eat an elephant?

No offense. I meant insignificant compared to the top twenty where a shirt gets a prominent placement on the site and can remain week after week. I was just curious why my shirt that was in the ec side-sale and sold 100+ that week never showed up in the top 100 (even though other shirts from that side sale that only sold 5-10 did place on the list). I thought maybe it was some sort of oversite or maybe there are rules associated with the top 100 that I do not understand.

I think a question was raised at some point in the past about the reckoning/top-20 and its purpose relative to the catalog. Back then, there was still a cost difference, but nowadays, not so much.

Maybe if the top-20 was allowed to remain at $15, there would be a marked difference?

Animal crackers.

Yes. I can see why it is not fair to compare stats for shirts in a sale going for $15 (limited time) against those selling for $19 in the top twenty. However, (in my humble opinion) once in a while the woots that be make an error and miss out on a shirt that could be a great seller. For example, my “That’ll do Pig” shirt sold close to 300 shirts as an ensemble member in a 30+ shirt woot-off cast. It would be nice if that design could be allowed to break the top twenty as I am sure it outsold almost every other shirt for that week or so. It seems that this change would also benefit woot: if they miss a great design, the customers would be allowed to rectify the mistake. It seems like a simple thing to fix, but I am a doodler, not a programmer, so I may be talking out of my a**. My two cents (probably worth even less). :slight_smile:

I agree the top 20 page should be a true reflection of what’s selling - now that the weekly removal of shirts is purely symbolic as everything ends up safely in the catalog.

It’s been this way for so many years though and improvements seems very hard to make at Woot, even incremental changes. Still, one bite at a time. Yep.