How long have you been a Wooter?

Name says it all…6 months ot so…but hooked.

Sure you can! I think it only works on the actual site and not through the app, though. When you’re here on the forums, do the following:

1. Click on your avatar on the upper-right corner
  2. Click on the little person thing that says “preferences” when you hover over it – it’s on the right
  3. Then choose “preferences.”
  4. From there, one of the options is to change your avatar. Find something to upload there and you should be good to go.

If any of the above isn’t clear, please let me know and I’ll try to explain it better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I joined Woot back in 1935, when it was just a chain-letter… I still have a copy!!!

"Do you want to get Crap!!!
JUST TRY
Print this message
All you need are:
6 stamps
6 US$ 5 banknote + shipping

YOU HAVE NOTHINGS TO LOOSE

FIRST:
Take 6 paper sheet and write down this message on each:
PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR BAG-OF-CRAP MAILING LIST
US$ 5 DOLLAR AND $4.99 PROCESSING FEE ENCLOSED

than take US$ 10 banknote ( and insert one inside each paper sheet you have prepared, insert all 6 sheet+US$10 in 6 envelop( from the envelop you don’t have to see the banknote).
Now you have 6 envelop closed with your name, address and possibly ‘sucker’ written next to your name.
You are creating a NEW SERVICE.
It is absolutely LEGAL!!!1
Now mail them to OUR address and you might win some CRAP you don’t need."

I never won but I entered every month.

4 Likes

I had no idea you were that old, binners.

1 Like

I was looking for the same option. I have Wooted for more than 10 years, but not from the very beginning. When was the very beginning?

July 2004, I think.

Gosh I don’t remember for sure. I know it all started with a Doctor Who shirt…or was it Jack Skelington…

For those who are about to Woot!…
Brave Woman Salutes you!

2 Likes

I am between the 5 to 10 years and…
from the beginning Baby!

Must not skew the poll with an inaccurate response…

HardOCP was the website. The forms are called [H]ardForums.

I have been here since April 2006. I remember watching WootTV (not official Woot) on Justin TV.

It’s a whole different woot!

somewhere around here I have one of the “Original Woot member” certificate.

first Order Date: Aug 30, 2004
soooooo… 17 years?

1 Like

First purchase was 12/09 but visited the site long before that.

Yeah I joined in 2000 when Genmay was rising in popularity. Fun fact that 80% of my IRL friends are from [H]

June 2019. I had received an email from Amazon inviting me to join.

You should join us in this thread in August!

Anyone is welcome, but it’s really meant for us old-timers.

My first purchase was 3 x Random Crap at $0.01 per crap with the classic $5 shipping. That was way back in August 2004.

1 Like

I have tried for over a decade and always get: “Discourse::InvalidAccess”

Or when trying to use the Gravatar I get: “Sorry, we can’t find any avatar associated with that email address. Can you try uploading it again?”

You can upload something from your computer. It doesn’t have to be Gravatar or another service. Have you tried that?

Yup, saved as a .png and all