How Long Will it Last? The Tale of Cranky Cricket

Once upon a time, Cranky Cricket lived a happy if dangerous life in the Woot HQ. He spent his nights wandering the building and his days dodging feet, vacuums (haha, as if), dogs, and more.

But one day, he didn’t feel so good. He was feeling quite tired. He decided to lay down and take a nap.

That was a couple weeks ago. To be honest, I don’t think he’s waking up.

This was last week:

Here he is today:

IMG_4658

I’ve seen our building people disinfecting our desks and chairs which I greatly appreciate. Apparently, that cleaning doesn’t include vacuuming though.

How long will he last?

5 Likes

0.75"!

2 Likes

Should I send flowers?

5 Likes

That would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some reheatable dinners too? Hate to cook while mourning. Hate to cook at all times, actually.

6 Likes

I think he needs an official funeral, go dig a hole and gather round.

3 Likes

Anything that you don’t eat and/or are allergic to?

2 Likes

That’s what Bob the Construction Dude was trying to do but that carpet was hard to dig through. We’re thinking cremation or a mausoleum at this point.

4 Likes

Look at the 3rd picture in this thread.

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Rest In Peace Cranky Cricket.

The world will be different with you gone.
My best wishes for your immediate family, all 845 of them

I’d say the vacuuming will miss him for another 4 days.

5 Likes

Did someone say CRICKETS?

I Clucking LOVE Crickets!!

They taste best with a little ketchup or BBQ sauce on them.

Cluck Cluck

6 Likes

I’m gratefully accept whatever you send.

GET AWAY FROM CRANKY!!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Made me think of Cranky.

2 Likes

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to mourn the loss of Cranky Cricket, the cricket of Woot Headquarters. He was much loved by all who knew him and his passing has left a great void in all our hearts.

But let’s not despair for Cranky. Instead, think of the good times and the happy memories held by those who had the privilege to be in his presence. Earth is a better place for having him in it.

Thank you, Cranky, for the gifts you shared so freely with everyone. You will be missed greatly.

5 Likes

Wonderful eulogy. You forgot to mention his annoying chirping though.

4 Likes

Gotta have music

3 Likes

Boy, you can find everything on the internet…
and I mean EVERYTHING… Keep your safe search on peeps…

1 Like

I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR STUFF LIKE THAT ON AMAZON! No luck.

1 Like

Ebay, very niche market. Woot should have it’s own 3d PRINTER all set up in the office for these shenanigans!

1 Like

But then how would any work be done to finance the forums?