How many houseplants do you have?

How many houseplants do you have?

2 Likes

10 Likes

What do you consider a houseplant? I have an orchid that sits on the windowsill year round. I usually start my plants for my garden on the fireplace hearth, and I sprout new ones from early spring until late summer. I had some lemon jalapeños sprouted until one of the cats decided it needed more greens in their diet. And some potting soil for dessert. Sometimes I try to grow garden plants throughout winter in my house. At what point does a regular plant become a houseplant? Stays up late doing molly and listening to techno music to the flashing plant lights?

2 Likes

Herbs. Lots and lots of herbs.

3 Likes

i lost count at twenty

1 Like

:potted_plant:I have a small houseplant family that is kept alive only because there is an app for that. And yes, they all have names
Benedict Cumberbush is my favorite, but don’t tell the others! :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Where is the option “spouse has tons of succulents ‘babies’”?

Every time I turn around, bam! Where did that thing come from? Apparently, a dollar sale at Krogers.

happy animation GIF by Emma Darvick

4 Likes

I can’t grow mold.

1 Like

Well, you have a positive going for yall. Keep up the good work!
accrues fast food GIF

4 Likes

Does it investigate difficult crimes?

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF by BBC

1 Like

Do you have Groot growing?
Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel GIF

1 Like

For now moved all outside. In when we have cold again in south MS.

1 Like

If he does, it’s all happening while I’m not at home. However I do know that he does this to spider mites

1 Like

My plants flew north for the summer,
to Canada for mating and produce Sprouts.
They’ll return in about October-November.
After plant hunting season ends.
They also guard their young with toques
and Canadian whiskey, like Black Velvet.
The whiskey is used as a decoy, allowing
the young ones to flee and evade ‘herbivores’,
(i.e. Salad Worshippers), often naked-
without dressing! Panicking, they lose
their root canals!
Oh, the humanity!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

our garden outside could feed us all summer. Inside, my wife starts them all in the sunroom. She loves plants and has them everywhere. I have a black thumb, everything I plant dies.

2 Likes

3 African violets, one former Christmas tree, a spikey thing in a teacup, and an aloe that I “rescued” from the dollar general last weekend.

Oh and a rite aid Christmas cactus. I need a Woot plant tho.

I put them up high in a tent to taunt the cats.

Worth it!

Edit: This one is coming back pretty well, it was unhappy when I brought it home this spring.

4 Likes

Plants belong outside.

I have a few indoor plants, but when I bring the geraniums in for the winter do they count as houseplants or transient plants?

1 Like