How many houseplants do you have?

How many houseplants do you have?

2 Likes

10 Likes

What do you consider a houseplant? I have an orchid that sits on the windowsill year round. I usually start my plants for my garden on the fireplace hearth, and I sprout new ones from early spring until late summer. I had some lemon jalapeños sprouted until one of the cats decided it needed more greens in their diet. And some potting soil for dessert. Sometimes I try to grow garden plants throughout winter in my house. At what point does a regular plant become a houseplant? Stays up late doing molly and listening to techno music to the flashing plant lights?

2 Likes

Herbs. Lots and lots of herbs.

3 Likes

i lost count at twenty

1 Like

:potted_plant:I have a small houseplant family that is kept alive only because there is an app for that. And yes, they all have names…Benedict Cumberbush is my favorite, but don’t tell the others! :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Where is the option “spouse has tons of succulents ‘babies’”?

Every time I turn around, bam! Where did that thing come from? Apparently, a dollar sale at Krogers.

happy animation GIF by Emma Darvick

4 Likes

I can’t grow mold.

1 Like

Well, you have a positive going for yall. Keep up the good work!
accrues fast food GIF

4 Likes

Does it investigate difficult crimes?

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF by BBC

1 Like

Do you have Groot growing?
Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel GIF

1 Like

For now moved all outside. In when we have cold again in south MS.

1 Like

If he does, it’s all happening while I’m not at home. However I do know that he does this to spider mites…

1 Like

My plants flew north for the summer,
to Canada for mating and produce Sprouts.
They’ll return in about October-November.
After plant hunting season ends.
They also guard their young with toques
and Canadian whiskey, like Black Velvet.
The whiskey is used as a decoy, allowing
the young ones to flee and evade ‘herbivores’,
(i.e. Salad Worshippers), often naked-
without dressing! Panicking, they lose
their root canals!
Oh, the humanity!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

our garden outside could feed us all summer. Inside, my wife starts them all in the sunroom. She loves plants and has them everywhere. I have a black thumb, everything I plant dies.

2 Likes

3 African violets, one former Christmas tree, a spikey thing in a teacup, and an aloe that I “rescued” from the dollar general last weekend.

Oh and a rite aid Christmas cactus. I need a Woot plant tho.

I put them up high in a tent to taunt the cats.

Worth it!

Edit: This one is coming back pretty well, it was unhappy when I brought it home this spring.

4 Likes

Plants belong outside.

I have a few indoor plants, but when I bring the geraniums in for the winter do they count as houseplants or transient plants?

1 Like