How much money would you need to not worry about money anymore?

How much money would you need to not worry about money anymore?

I wouldn’t even need close to a million!

2 Likes

At 100M I can hire a bunch of other people to worry about that crap for me.

8 Likes

For me $2M. Keep $1M in bank and-or investments… the 2nd M to pay taxes on the first $1M … I’d basically live off the interest–and earnings of the initial $1M … let’s call him my “working for me money”. Ca–ching.

3 Likes

With only $100,000 being the highest choice, much more. Remember that M = thousand and m = million.

You will want to recheck that understanding:

Common Number Abbreviations

Number US UK Other
thousand K k or K thsnd(.), M
million M or MM m mil(.), mill(.), mln(.)
billion B bn bil(.), bill(.), bln(.)
trillion T tn tril(.), trill(.), trn(.), tln(.)
6 Likes

100 million. Go big or go home!

4 Likes

I said 5 M because interest rates of return is less than 1/2 of 1%.

2 Likes

5M would be enough for me to “not worry” considering the parents and adult children that are part of my worry-about group.

I’d take all that’s being given though, don’t want to limit myself here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Already there, amazing how compound interest works. 10 years in the market quadrupled my original investments.

2 Likes

Let one of the Big Money outfits (Janus, JPMorgan, Vanguard, etc.) handle it and you’ll get 6-8% even in their ‘safe’ money section.

1 Like

10 mil.
I’ve managed to rack up a lot of medical debts in the last 10 years.
Cancer in 2012, and everything that the “cure” has done since then.
Now have been diagnosed with several different things including COPD, Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. I take 20 different meds (that aren’t cheap) and visits to the ER every few months.
Sucks getting old.

4 Likes

Interest And other investments. Good point. My live-in accountant and lawyer would have caught that. Thanks! :+1:

It does suck. Look online for yearly discount cards (you’ll need to get new card each year). The online company cards work w lots of insurance plans or no plans. Just an FYI.
Example… my insurance stopped covering Nexium… online Nexium company card lowers cost to only $15 a month. I paid more with insurance— rotten, I know. So I’m saving now, finally.
Just an example of course…

$1.98?

Anything with MILLION in it interests me and gives me the warm fuzzies…:star_struck:

1 Like

$1,000 a day for the rest of my life and then my heirs life, would be a good start!

Why not pick the highest amount out of the given choices? It’s not even real money. Yet.