How much money would you need to not worry about money anymore?

Need About Tree Fiddy

3 Likes

Be blessed to have a million but to much is never enough!

1 Like

I could probably realistically live on $500,000 for the rest of my life. I am 60, and unfortunately the men in my family donā€™t typically live past 75, (in fact canā€™t think of a single male who did). So I likely have 10-15 years left tops

1 Like

Sorry that you suffered. But cheer up. Consider if you did not have a remission, you might not be grumpy ā€¦or reading this.

1 Like

On a more serious note: Depending on income, there may be much help via this legitimate website for links to discounts from manufacturers

Clickable resource link here : https://www.needymeds.org/brand-drug

They help Patients find such access to affordable medications. We use it every work day for our Patients. Hope this helps you and others. Be heartened and have hope.

1 Like

A million. :w_happy2:

Wait this is California, so better make it three million cause everything is expensive.

Wait, I forgot about taxes, so better make it six million.

Six million, thatā€™s my answer.

Wait, charity and good causes too.

Umm, better make it twelve million.

Okay twelve million.

1 Like

Do you know how much crap i would buyā€¦ bags of it

2 Likes

Iā€™m not really concerned about me, but I really want to take care of my boys, but it has to be controlled somehow

1 Like

at $1M I would need to keep working for a while, but I also wouldnā€™t need to worry about ever having enough. At $5M I would retire tomorrow.

1 Like

10 million. Iā€™m on pace to make 5 million give or take in salary before taxes by old age (if worked until life expectancy). So assuming Iā€™d quit my job, wife quits, modest family care (parents/ siblings), and taxes, even 10 million could seem low in todayā€™s world just replacing both jobs and accounting for increased costs not employee sponsored/related (health ins, life ins, retirement, social security, etc.). 1 million would be fine though if jobs kept, live life the same with savvy investment of that 1 mil after taxes.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure that there is an amount of money that would make me no longer worry about money. I imagine that larger amounts of money would make me worry about money in different ways. (Donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ I wouldnā€™t turn down a big :moneybag:. Sureā€¦ it might not entirely free me from worryā€¦ but its not as if being broke would be better.)

2 Likes

If your on Medicare/Medicaid (which Iā€™m assuming he or she is on Medicare since the old comment) you canā€™t use discount cards with it. Most people donā€™t know that unless your on it.

Not sure there is an amount where you donā€™t worry about money
What aspect of it you worry about changes. But thereā€™s always something to worry about

2 Likes

Taking into account current and future known expenses, potential future expenses, inflation and other types of market increases (e.g. - taxes), immediate family and supporting their needs and goals and the life expectancy of someone in my demographic: $8.375M. That does not include any consideration for inheritance as I expect to provide my family what financial aid I can while living and spend down the rest before going.

1 Like

I always said if I was blessed with that much money Iā€™d have to give half and pay it forward. I like the idea too of traveling around the country and leaving money in places to bless others.

1 Like

Life alas happens. Planning for ideal situations are needed. So is adaptability to exist on far, far less. To keep on track, you can/should urge avoidance of war. You can/should keep your skills and your company competitive. You cannot always foresee premature early loss of your spouse (as happened to some in my family in each generation) or even calamity to your own health especially during this pandemic.

You take steps yes. Have saleable skills, yes. But you cannot always prevent loss of major wage earner. Adapt, survive, thrive. Do not count on ā€œsame demographicā€ for keeping you whole.

1 Like

Yep. My cancer was in year 2000, and chemotherapy is the ā€œgift that keeps on givingā€.
My personal saying is, ā€œIā€™m alive to *itch about it.ā€

1 Like

Difficult to say. A lot would depend on where I chose to retire to. Since my daughter, granddaughter and stepdaughter live in Toledo, this is where I would go. The cost of housing there is much lower than most of the nation, and I should have no problem finding a decent house for under$100k. Add in my age and average life expectancy of men in my family. So with moderate budgeting I believe I could live out the rest of my life with no debt for $1 million

1 Like

Like you have done admirably, we all need to try to do life planning. Here is some eye opening info:

It may feel difficult now, but some may need to live further under their means or they will face greater hardship later in their lifetime. One has some options while working. Far fewer choices if retired or disabled early.

My usual response; ā€œHow much ya got?ā€

3 Likes