How spicy you want this pad thai?

How spicy you want this pad thai?

Let me put it this way ā€“ a day or two ago I had a sub sandwich with horseradish mayo on it and I nearly died.

2 Likes

Why does this sound so dirty to me?

The peanut sauce is gonna kill me anyway, sooooā€¦ :woman_shrugging:t2:

Zero.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never eaten here before, so 0 or 1, whatever your lowest level is. Iā€™ve learned to NEVER go straight to a 2-3 star unless you know whether the place is American spice or ā€œnative spiceā€ especially when living somewhere that has a higher than usual Asian immigrant population.

4 out of 10

"Hot as you can get it. He looked at me as if I were crazy and smugly forces a Mona Lisa smile. My meal announced its arrival with an intoxication aroma and an explosion of fresh, brightly colored veggies, the cellophane noodles glistening in sauce and crowned with a roached nut concoction. I was in for a treat,
The first bites were sublime, until my face began melting in a most unladylike fashion. I genteelly taped the corner of my napkin to corn of my lips; aimed at my lips and had to land nearby. The handsome waiter smiled watching my willfully consume lava. Canā€™t be too sure of details as a steam-train thundering through a tunnel between my ears distracted me, but i think I said, ā€œYummy.ā€
After being such a big-mouthed braggart, I sure went mute. What a jackass. (Braying like I do so well.
Had to wear asbestos gloves to get my leftovers home. Then next day, I got out the spaghetti strainer and rinsed those noodles while casting out demons. Thought that Iā€™d wash away the pain and enjoy the pleasure. Hump. Wrong, again. It was STILL uneatable. Still like it hot, but not as hot as pad Thai gets it.
So thereā€™s another thing to think, but never say out loud.

Tomorrow, letā€™s talk about what not to say when someone asks,"Arenā€™t are you going to compliment my new hair cut?

2 Likes

I have learned, people might say they like hot food and that it ā€œisnā€™t hot enoughā€ but reality is that when confronted with actual spicy food they canā€™t take it and wonā€™t admit that they actually ruined perfectly good food with the spice they foolishly asked for or added.

Also if it only adds heat but not flavor your wasting your time.

People that act like they are a ā€œtoughā€ because they eat things that bring heat levels in the insanity levels that will make them pass out or vomit are the kinds of people that will sleep with another persons spouse not for the pleasure of being with the person but so that they can experience the beating that personā€™s spouse gives them because that is what they are actually into.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said zero before and they just brought me a bowl of noodles.

1 Like

Thats amazing! Lol, Did you go back?

1 Like

No, it was when I was traveling. It was a house turned into a restaurant up in Minnesota, maybe in he the area of White Bear Lake, if memory serves. They served some REALLY strong Pad Thai. My two co-workers like it stupid hot. They could not even handle level 3.

Food is not supposed to hurt

4 Likes

iā€™ve only been a few times, maybe 3, the first time i was warned that is hotter than i think so i ordered 4 (out of 10). I didnā€™t even notice anything spicy. The next time i went i got 5. still very mild although my co-workers were sweating and panting heavily. i took my wife the last time we went and donā€™t remember what i ordered. It was good but i ordered mild in case she wanted to swap. It was her first time.

1 Like

I generally like my food spicy, but know not to go crazy when it comes to asian food. In Texas, so much of the food is spicy that it just doesnā€™t taste right if it doesnā€™t have at least a little kick. Once was on a business trip to southern California about 20 years ago and when asked if I wanted the dish spicy, I said yes and the waiter asked me if I was sure, and I reassured him I liked it spicy. At which point, I think the waiter told the cook this Texan wanted it hot, so apparently he was going to show me hot. They put so much cayenne in the dish that it only succeeded in making it taste bad. I just ate it and chalked it up to a bad chef.

I love spicy food!
Sometimes extra-spicy, but not so much that you can no longer taste the food.
I had to Google ā€˜pad thaiā€™. Chinese food I assume.

Iā€™ll try it pretty hot please, but really I prefer spicy Mexican food.

Indian (Thai) I believe.
A little sweet with peanuts over rice noodles.

1 Like