How to get woot to solve my issue [RESOLVED]

Bought a HP Pavilion TP-01-0070 with an intel Core i7 9700, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD + 1TB HDD, instead received a HP Pavilion TP-01-0034 with an intel Core i7 8700, 8 GB RAM and just a 256 SSD. Have sent mails about this and try to contact Amazon Pay (because I made my payment with Amazon to use my Amazon Prime) and no answer from them yet. Need to solve this because I didn’t pay USD$758.00 for this.

I’ve been buying from Woot! for years, and this is the first time I have an issue with an order, but what an issue! we are talking about hundreds of dollars in difference between the two computers.

You contacted CS from your order history?

If so, did you check your spam/junk folder(s)?

@ThunderThighs

Yes I did, and I’ve been checking my email constantly, nothing.

Hi there. I’m not at my work computer to check but their responses go to the email address on your Woot account. Make sure that is up to date.

You can also email support@woot.com and ask them to respond to a different email address.

I’ll check more into it in the morning.

Just breaking…Sams Club announced “woot, woot, 10 days to save starts now” kinda seems like a marketing scheme. I sure hope they work out who owes who for the copyright aspects.

It’s fine with the email linked to my account, I use it. Still haven’t received anything there.

So I just received this email:

Hello there,

We’re sorry, but it has been more than 90 days since you purchased the product, which means that the window on our 30-day return policy has closed.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer’s warranty has expired as well. You can still contact the manufacturer to see if there is anything they can do.
We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.
Best regards,
Akshita
Woot.com
I’m not asking to get a broken item repaired, I paid $758 dollars and received something totally different to what I paid for. Plus, I received the item on august 20, and realized I got the wrong item yesterday (when I finally got it from NYC), which still leaves me under the 90 period window. But nevertheless, my problem is, still, that I paid for something and got something completely inferior.
So technically, what I’m being told is that I got robbed and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Please hold. I’m working with CS.

Update: You should be getting another email soonish if not already.

I got the email, which leaves me with little to no option, because in one hand I’m being offered a USD$100 in refund to keep the current item, which would be less than what I would have to pay upgrading just the RAM and the HDD, not to mention the fact that I would be keeping a older generation processor. On the other hand I’m being offered a full refund and a prepaid return label, but that would imply spending more than USD$200 dollars just to send it from the Dominican Republic (where I am).
So a refund sounds like a smart way to go, and I’m open to that option, but USD$100 would definitely not be enough to try to level up with what I was supposed to receive.

I’m sorry but you are out of warranty which means you’re way past the return period. In addition, our warranty clearly states that it’s only good in the 48 contiguous states. Our FAQ also states that we only ship to the 48 contiguous states. You chose to ship it out of the US so you must also ship it back to the US.

We apologize for the error but once it left the US, there’s not a lot we can do.

3 Likes

I replied the mail accepting the $100 refund. Don’t know if replying was the right way to do it. Anyway thanks for your help in the forum, last night/this morning I was feeling very disappointed/sad with the situation but at least not all was lost.

1 Like