How to "View New Posts"

I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Because of this, none of the drop down options, like “Show Unread” will work. Suggestions, please. I don’t have the patience to remember when I last visited and to sift for new posts.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Because of this, none of the drop down options, like “Show Unread” will work. Suggestions, please. I don’t have the patience to remember when I last visited and to sift for new posts.[/quote]
at the highest level there’s no indication, but on the forum level, the posts are automatically in “activity view” order.
the only exception is the current item where the thread is stickied for the day.

it takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s not too bad. they’re working on changing things around as we speak, so this forum isn’t set in stone here. :smiley:

[quote user=“GallopingCow”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Because of this, none of the drop down options, like “Show Unread” will work. Suggestions, please. I don’t have the patience to remember when I last visited and to sift for new posts.[/quote]
at the highest level there’s no indication, but on the forum level, the posts are automatically in “activity view” order.
the only exception is the current item where the thread is stickied for the day.

it takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s not too bad. they’re working on changing things around as we speak, so this forum isn’t set in stone here. :D[/quote]

phew!

Ty GC. I’m getting up there in years and don’t take kindly to change, heh heh. I’d hate to lose the most useful (for me) feature of the old woot, esp., with more forums to follow, now.

Cow, it isn’t even set in Jello, yet. 2.0 in my (never to be) humble opinion, SUX ON ICE!

Can we have 1.whatever back? I’ll even buy something!

steve

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Down on the bottom there should be a drop down list that says (please select). I think the “active topics” is what you’re looking for. It seems to be similar, if not exactly the same, to the activity view.

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Down on the bottom there should be a drop down list that says (please select). I think the “active topics” is what you’re looking for. It seems to be similar, if not exactly the same, to the activity view.[/quote]

Thanks, but because my icons don’t ever turn blue, after being “marked all read”, the filters from the drop down menu gives me this message:

“Either there are no topics, or due to a filter, there are no topics to display.
Please check the display options to determine if a filter is applied.”

Maybe I need to toss my cookies and try again…

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Down on the bottom there should be a drop down list that says (please select). I think the “active topics” is what you’re looking for. It seems to be similar, if not exactly the same, to the activity view.[/quote]

Thanks, but because my icons don’t ever turn blue, after being “marked all read”, the filters from the drop down menu gives me this message:

“Either there are no topics, or due to a filter, there are no topics to display.

Maybe I need to toss my cookies and try again…[/quote]

That’s strange, because in my active topics, some are grey, some are blue, some have stars. I’m going to start looking around for yellow moons and leprechauns pretty quick. Anyway, mine works like the activity view, sorry your’s doesn’t.

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

That’s strange, because in my active topics, some are grey, some are blue, some have stars. I’m going to start looking around for yellow moons and leprechauns pretty quick. Anyway, mine works like the activity view, sorry your’s doesn’t.[/quote]
It’s tough not having “activity view”. :frowning: I’m good at breaking stuff…I’ll figure it out, but thanks for trying.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

That’s strange, because in my active topics, some are grey, some are blue, some have stars. I’m going to start looking around for yellow moons and leprechauns pretty quick. Anyway, mine works like the activity view, sorry your’s doesn’t.[/quote]
It’s tough not having “activity view”. :frowning: I’m good at breaking stuff…I’ll figure it out, but thanks for trying.[/quote]
Sayyyy,
you sound australian. do ya have any friends there?

[quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]
It’s tough not having “activity view”. :frowning: I’m good at breaking stuff…I’ll figure it out, but thanks for trying.[/quote]
Sayyyy,
you sound australian. do ya have any friends there?[/quote]
Heh heh, why’d ya’ think that, GTO? I grew up in New Orleans and moved to NYC when I was seventeen. I have a good Aussie friend in NY, but all her family is still down under…that’s about it, though.

You head over in about a week, right?

Woo Hoo…I now have blue icons in the contest forum.It’s the only one, but it’s somethin’. :wink:

But it didn’t turn blue when GC added a new post…giving up…

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]
Sayyyy,
Heh heh, why’d ya’ think that, GTO? I grew up in New Orleans and moved to NYC when I was seventeen. I have a good Aussie friend in NY, but all her family is still down under…that’s about it, though.

You head over in about a week, right?[/quote]
well, there’s your dad in britan, plus theres a sort of aussie feel to your text.
leavin this saturday at 5:15 AM!! (not excited about the time)

[quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]
Sayyyy,

well, there’s your dad in britan, plus theres a sort of aussie feel to your text.
leavin this saturday at 5:15 AM!! (not excited about the time)[/quote]

Ah, my dad is just over there lecturing; New Orleans is still his home. I have no clue what an “aussie feel” means, but as long as it’s not an insult, then, okay.

Unless we have a weekend woot-off, at least yyou can go to sleep early the night before your flight. Bon Voyage!

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“heyyoGTO!”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]
Sayyyy,

leavin this saturday at 5:15 AM!! (not excited about the time)[/quote]

Ah, my dad is just over there lecturing; New Orleans is still his home. I have no clue what an “aussie feel” means, but as long as it’s not an insult, then, okay.

Unless we have a weekend woot-off, at least yyou can go to sleep early the night before your flight. Bon Voyage![/quote]
what ya say just sounds somewhat aussie when said (not an insult, neither were the other aussie ref’s)

what does your sig mean?

OMG OMG OMG!!! My “new post” icons suddenly started working!
Act of God? Act of LukeD? Don’t know, but I’m a happy wooter. It’ll all work out in time.
Thanks.

[quote user=“heyyoGTO!”]

what does your sig mean?[/quote]
Now can ya ’ figure it out? (See Snapster’s blog entry.)

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]OMG OMG OMG!!! My “new post” icons suddenly started working!
Act of God? Act of LukeD? Don’t know, but I’m a happy wooter. It’ll all work out in time.
Thanks.[/quote]

CR4P! Broken again.

Where is this “All Posts Read” option? I’ve been looking for that since 2.0 debuted.

[quote user=“tbrauch”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]I’ve tried every freakin setting but am unable to get this to work in a similar fashion to my beloved “Activity View”. After marking “All Posts Read”, the icons turned grey, but the won’t turn blue again for new posts.

Where is this “All Posts Read” option? I’ve been looking for that since 2.0 debuted. [/quote]
the little drop-down box in the bottom right corner.
“active topics”