HP 11" 11-G3 Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

HP 11" 11-G3 Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

In my experience 2Gb of memory makes for a not so great experience, even on a chromebook.

3 Likes

Thanks for that advice. I’ve been curious to try a Chromebook, but have no idea about what specs are good. That’s good info to know.

2 Likes

The price is certainly right … They’re $200 on Amazon … Reviews are mixed:

https://www.amazon.com/d/Traditional-Laptops/HP-Chromebook-11-G3-11-6-inch/B016V2N5PW#customerReviews

1 Like

More importantly, this chromebook is past Google’s AUE. That means it will no longer receive Chrome OS updates.

1 Like

This link is for a “Brand New” chrome book and all of the ‘mixed reviews’ are no later than 3 years ago.

The AUE is June 2020

1 Like

I have a newer version of this series with 4GB of memory and slightly faster CPU. I would for sure be concerned with less memory and less CPU. This system can render a single web page just fine, but struggles when multiple pages are opening, loading, and rendering at the same time. I bought it to carry with me when I go to conferences as something light, cheap, and all day battery life to take notes on and it works perfectly for that. I didn’t want to take an iPad with me to have me leave it sitting forgotten as I am moving from presentation to presentation. Losing a $100 Chromebook…oh well.

2 Likes

Will this device run Google Chrome?. I will connect a USB barcode scanner to load inventory items into a web based application. Thanks in advance for your comments.

It’s a Chromebook, so yes.

it saya 2gb memory then in stats it says in the box 4gb memory and different model so which one do we get?

Sorry for the confusion. It’s 2GB as noted elsewhere.

Manufacturers stop issuing OS updates but continue to provide security updates for a time afterwards.

I see an unlabeled slot on the left side of this Chromebook. Will this read SD or micro SD memory cards?

Hi there. It has a multi-format digital media reader (supports SD, SDHC, SDXC)