HP 11" Intel Dual-Core Touch Chromebook

Make sure you check the status of the HP 90-day warranty. I just received this machine yesterday, Sept. 15, 2017, and upon discovering that the left-hand speaker was garbage, I attempted to contact HP for support. Imagine my surprise, however, when I learned that the HP 90-day warranty on the machine, which I had just received yesterday, had already expired on June 10, 2017! Obviously, this is mistake, but that is little comfort when your school-age daughter is anxious to begin using her new (to her) Chromebook, and your wife is looking at you like you’re some sort of a cheapskate for purchasing the girl a refurbished computer. Although Woot will likely take it back and exchange it for an alternate machine, I, nevertheless, wanted to put the word-on-the-street about my experience, so that anyone else who has purchased one of these devices makes sure to check their speakers and their HP warranty.

Register your product with HP and that should reset the warranty. That’s the same with any factory reconditioned item.

Warranties are initially set to the vendor they’re sold to - the authorized factory reconditioning company.