HP 13" Intel Core i5 Touch Ultrabooks

The Spectres don’t have removable batteries, it says so right up top.

Ah yes, the old “models similar to this in spec” nonsense. You’re comparing a COMPLETELY different model that isn’t even the same form-factor. Pointless.

The QHD version did look like a really attractive price for a high-end ultrabook (but sold out now) although realistically, on a 13" laptop, the 1080p model would probably be fine for most anyone who doesn’t use a magnifying glass to look at their screen ;^)

Could you maybe not respond like you’re personally offended that I didn’t like something you like?

I actually played around with all of them at Best Buy, including the smaller ones. Their keyboards are functionally all the same. The keys feel rough and gritty, and require a perfect, direct stroke or they hang at the corners/edges and don’t actually enter the keystroke.

I thought I could get used to it, but it was a dealbreaker.

Also the lack of touchpad buttons and being gesture-only, is really obnoxious. It doesn’t register the first two-finger tap as a right click a lot of the time, you have to tap it twice.

Is memory upgradable to 8gb in version i5/4gb?

Not offended, just simply annoyed at people constantly comparing oranges to basketballs. I see way too much of that sort of thing (both here and elsewhere) and it bugs me so I might have sounded a bit harsh, but in-effect if I’m looking to buy an Acura TL, someone’s opinion of a Honda Odyssey isn’t really relevant to me. I was interested in info about the particular models for sale here today.

Now that’s more-helpful information. I haven’t actually played with one of these but the QHD one looked like a really good deal here (enough so to probably even overlook some minor flaws). Then again I tend to use a real keyboard and mouse for any serious work and don’t expect a whole lot from built-in ultrabook keyboards/trackpads in general.

Edit: That got me thinking though and I looked through the user’s guide linked from an earlier post. The trackpad actually does have buttons and isn’t “gesture only.” The buttons are just integrated.

(source: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04005186.pdf page 9)