HP 14" Full-HD Intel Quad-Core Laptop

I would argue that, in the land of low-priced laptops, $300 is more than “a little bit more” compared to $170. I stand by my opinion that this is a good little laptop at a great price.

That being said, yes… I would recommend looking at Costco.com… I don’t know if their sale prices are still in effect, but this EXACT laptop (the one on Woot) is available for $300 - but last I checked, it was on sale for $250. This would be a brand new one and would include Costco’s 2 year warranty.

The one you refer to is normally $350, but generally on sale at Costco.com (or in warehouse) for $300… it’s the same laptop casing, but more (and better/faster) storage and an extra DIMM slot - not to mention the faster processor… most everything else is the same though.

Got one a week ago for my mom. Very lightweight. Still not entirely sold on Windows 10 S but I liked it enough I’m jumping in for one of my own. 64GB of storage + expandable with an SD Card in a slot I almost never use? Yeah, it’s just the right set of options under $200 to be a nice lightweight option. Also, I think it might be fanless. Or at least SUPER quiet even under CPU temperature throttling.

For those asking, this would be a nice pickup for a kid’s first laptop, assuming you didn’t want a chromebook.

Only thing I wish it had? USB-C power delivery – instead it has a regular power adapter. But hey – don’t look a $200 laptop that checks-every-other-box in the mouth.

Hmmm… if there’s no m.2 support, I’m losing my interest in this model. :frowning: And… I see that Micro Center has it available right now for $159.99. By chance, I happen to be near one this weekend, I guess I can go there and determine for myself whether I can add the RAM and M.2 storage I want… if it doesn’t I may wind up waiting to see what Black Friday deals present themselves.

Interestingly, I see that this model is available for $299.99 new at Costco.com, and that the i3 model Wooter852871046 mentioned is available for $299.97 at the same website. Not sure why the one with the i3 and the 128 GB SSD is two cents cheaper, lol. Maybe the backlit keyboard makes this one more expensive???

I received mine yesterday. It comes in a small brown box with the HP logo on it. The computer looks new and everything works. The set up for windows S is the same for regular windows. It’s fast enough for web browsing and YouTube,Netflix videos etc. The display is glossy and good for the price. The speakers are surprisingly loud. Using headphone, the audio chip is clear and loud and has spatial abilities. With a few app installed, I have 37 gigs left for storage. I looked for a way to open the back to see if it’s upgradable but couldn’t find an obvious way to pry it apart. Overall it’s a cool little computer that IMO works better then a Chrombook for a good price. HP has a Chromebook with similar specs for $50 more and the big shopping network was selling this basically same computer for $349 this weekend.

1 Like

I received mine a couple of days ago. Seemed fine at first, but it had trouble booting up; it took about 5 or 6 pushes on the power button to get a screen to light up. Then, the emmc drive needed a repair via Windows before it would even show up in file explorer. Today, it did not boot at all. Tried a different screen via HDMI, no luck. All lights came on, no screen. Back it goes. This is my second Woot refurb that needed an RMA in a month. I’m getting gunshy…
It’s a shame because I liked the form factor and the speed of this unit.