HP 14" Intel Dual-Core 64GB Chromebooks

HP 14" Intel Dual-Core 64GB Chromebooks

You use the word Chomebook but I don’t think you know what that means. These look like Windows Machines.

1 Like

Automatically generated listing. beep boop

Finally a chrome book I want… Running windows 10 :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

While Google recently gave up trying to run Windows on Chromebooks, Woot (Amazon) does it!

The real question is whether you would want to run Windows 10 on a machine with 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC storage. Run Windows Update and boom, you’re out of storage. I wonder if this is really a Chromebook or a Windows 10 S machine.

1 Like

Not so fast. If you are not using this as your primary computer, it will work just fine with Windows 10. Just pop in a micro or standard SD card of 64 gigs of better. Then, go into windows settings and choose to place the document folder on your now Drive D. Also, as you install programs, choose the custom install and put all your programs, Windows Apps, etc on your Drive D. While there are a few Microsoft programs that will ony install on Drive C, 64 gigs will be plenty for those programs and the Windows OS.
I have an old 32 gig Windows 10 tablet with a 64 gig micro SD slot configured this way with only 2 gigs of RAM. I’m able to install the new Windows 10 versions by using a USB flash drive.
It’s currently running last falls update. I have about 10 gigs free on Drive C so I’ll have enough storage to install the April 2019 update that requires 7 gigs free space for future updates. It is fairly quick doing the basics. So, if you know how to do all the above, I’d have no reservations assuming you don’t need heavy duty crunching.

It is also running Windows 10 Home in S mode so you can only use modern apps from the Windows store. I am not sure if you can do the one-time conversion up to the full Windows 10 Home version to gain full apps support the same way you can with on the Surface Go. Someone mentioned that you can use the card to store you data due to the limited SSD drive space, but keep in mind that you cannot encrypt the SD cards (or USB sticks either) with BitLocker when running Home; you have to upgrade to Pro for $99 to do that. If you don’t mind your data on the card not being encrypted, then it isn’t an issue.

Hi all. Sorry for the confusion. This is a windows laptop.