HP 15.6" A8 Quad-Core Win 7 Pro Laptop

I don’t have the laptop anymore, I gave it as a graduation gift. I would be surprised that a 1920x1080 screen configured on this nice of a laptop wouldn’t be HDCP compliant. I have an HD homerun network setup with a cable card and I have not had any issues with any full HD laptops, which include 2 Acer 15.6 and 1 Toshiba 17.3 inch.

It isn’t the resolution of the laptop that matters, it is whether or not the display screen uses a DisplayPort adapter between the motherboard and the Screen. I have done a bit of research on the matter over the last several days, and have found out many newer laptops do indeed now use Embedded DisplayPort (or eDP) because it is cheaper.

I realize now that from your earlier post. The problem isn’t so much with the display port adapter, it’s the fact that Windows media center
never upgraded their DRM module to include eDP to be HDCP compliant. The Acer laptops I have are from 2013 and my 17.3 inch Toshiba p75-a7200 is also from 2013. These all work fine, unfortunately I don’t have the Toshiba convertible laptop anymore,so I can’t look it up. I’m sure you could check model number with Toshiba and the should be able to tell you if they use display port or not to the internal display.